Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2014, 08:27 PM   #15

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwell18 View Post
I applied the ZEP floor wax ....
I ended up with steaks and discoloration in spots. .....
Anybody else had that problem and how did you fix it.
Thanks
The first few coats usually show some streaks, but the easy fix is usually a few more coats. After 4-5 coats the appearance really improves.
(Spritz -each additional coat on one side of a 36ft Mh takes about 20 minutes, wipe on -no rubbing)
If it does need to be removed, ZEP makes a remover specifically for the acrylic finish. In other write-ups here, users reported it worked well to re-do an area where the finish had run.
I'm on the 4th year, same results as USMC1968 & FL-Richard, no yellowing on white filon and 2 layer recoat each year.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2014, 08:40 AM   #16

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Really 20 minutes, I'll Bite

My is only 30 ft. I just might try it on the bottom section to see if I like it. I like the 20 minute deal.
Do you suggest that I remove the wax before applying the zep?
I remember back in the Army we used Kleer Floor wax and a cotton ball for inspections on our boots would that work.
Curious minds want's to know...
tb
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Spritz: Preparation is the key, search for posts on how to prep. Need to remove prior wax/grease etc. The Zep is not a cleaner so if the surface isn't clean you will have shiny dirt. My 1st application, I did not get the top of the front cap prepped well enough, only area I had to re-do the following year.
Discussion here: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/help...ep-174664.html

We Coasties used underarm deodorant pads (Arrid???) to coat our dress shoes for the "spit shine" look. (Don't tell the Marines)
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 AM   #18

[QUOTE=Fl_Richard;1936445]I've never seen even the slightest hint of yellowing - 8 initial coats, 1.5 years in Florida sun. Washed it twice since - still as shiny as the day i put it on. Will probably coat it again with a single top coat this fall.

Wax was never this easy!!![/QUOTE
donandmax is offline   Reply With Quote