Okay, I've been trying to think of ways to save gas for my motorhome. I hate to give up the open road in style because of gas prices because if I do the terrorists win! Here are some ideas my mind could think up, remember, every little bit helps.
- Always have the correct tire pressure in each tire before you leave
- Wax coach and clean front window! A clean smooth exterior can improve gas mileage
- Travel light! If you don't need it, leave it at home!!
- Keep water tanks at near empty when traveling
- Solar panels help save on generator use (how true is this? is it really worth it?)
- Don't put on heavy awnings that screw up the aerodynamics of your coach! Instead use a light canopy that you can take down and stow away for travel.
- Plan out your gas stops at the cheapest gas stations possible
- Lower average speed and enjoy the ride
- Avoid using cruse control (I hear that you will use more gas when in use, is that true?)
- Use a light, fuel efficient toad or when possible, none at all.
- Take shorter trips (I hate this option!)
Okay, I don't have a toad except for this
, it's light, gets 150 mpg! It is totally legal in my state and I'm still under 50 so I can still ride it. But what am I leaving out? Anyone have any other ideas to add to this list? How much does solar really help with generator use? If you have any ideas, no matter how crazy, feel free to throw them out here.