Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #1

How's Quartzsite this year

Looking for updates on this year's events at Quartzsite.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:03 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
coolest in 5 years but fun!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We were there and just left. Seemed like alot of people. Lot's of boondockers. The big tent show was disappointing, not much RV stuff. I got my Blue Ox tow bar rebuilt for $25. so that was good. There were alot of flea market vendors they all seemed to have the same stuff. Better deals in Yuma at the big flea market.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:45 AM   #4

The tent is turning into the Quartzsite Home and Toy Helicopter Show unfortunately. Tyson has less vendors as well, but the attendance seems about the same judging from the knocked shoulders and lack of parking.

Off of Plomosa the boondockers are probably down 40%, but all that means is they might be elsewhere. The day temps are fine, but nights were in the low 30's till about Wed

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:28 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Coming up from LaPosa South, It's 60 mph to the left turn into the big tent. Last year was up to a mile of stop & go to turn into the tent.
Started "raining" (heavy drizzle) last night and still going this AM. Gonna be a wet second weekend at the big tent....
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:43 PM   #6

We were there last weekend, we got up early, parked right in front of big tent, got in and out before crowd got too bad. The weather was beautiful. This was our first time to the big show and we really enjoyed it. We left Monday morning along with about half of Quartzsite, we wanted to fill up before going back to California. What a mess, we got behind a young couple in a small type car, we were pulling a small pu and we were blocking driveway. This couple got gas, left their vehicle at pump and went inside to eat or something, didn't come out. It could have gotten really ugly, husband was livid, fortunately pump opened up on other side. When we left, car was still sitting at pump. We have been rving for years and I still hate getting gas, seems like something always happens. We had a great time in Quartszite however.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:03 PM   #7

I'll go along with Slickest1, Big Tent was a disappointment, too many non RV vendors and snake oil salesmen, few real deals, some improvement in traffic control, or was it just fewer people? Lots of boon dockers , but by my estimation down considerably over the last 5 years.
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
slickest1 said...Got your towbar cleaned.

Was Roadmaster there also cleaning towbars? Had mine done there several years ago and it was free at that time.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
really not many venders there, we have been the last 7 years, hardly any body over at the Main event ( north of Mickey Dees) Rice ranch and Tyson Wells had a fair amount of venders, We normaly we buy quite a bit at the main swapmeets but nothing this year, very disappointed. camping looks like normal
Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #10

Last year we walked through (before we bought our coach) looking quickly, yep, yep, yep, let's go. This year, we bought a whole bunch of goodies. Much more expensive when you have the RV. We went three days in a row, and really enjoyed it.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch Hoagland View Post
slickest1 said...Got your towbar cleaned.

Was Roadmaster there also cleaning towbars? Had mine done there several years ago and it was free at that time.
Roadmaster may have been there but I didn't see them. I wasn't looking for them though. I think Blue Ox used to do them for free as well. For $25 I got alot of new parts so I am happy.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
The big tent actually had more vendors this year. Last year, a lot of the center row was empty. The flea market at the west end of town was a ghost town. It's like the vendors moved around, some more at the tent, but less at the flea markets. The big water filter display at the N/W exterior of the big tent wasn't there this year. It's the first time in the last six years. There were a lot of LED vendors.

We brought our new RZR with us and I was surprised to see about 20 of them in the campground where we were staying. One morning, 11 of them went for a 4 hour ride.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #13

Just spent 6 days there and thought it was ok at the RV Show and Tyson Wells. Keep in mind that every year it's different and you see different things. With the giving state of our Economy there was is quite a few people camped and spread out over the whole Valley we found cruising around North and South in Mr Jeep. One thing is , the weather is normally beautiful, can't camp any cheaper, meet new friends if you want to and generally people are friendly to each other all over town which is a nice change. It's not for some and that's why your rig has wheels, just move on and don't throw Quartzsite under the bus because it didn't suit you. Come see for yourself !
Old 02-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #14

The best part was pizza at Silly Al's! The best pizza ever, even as good as my own.
Live music, cheap drinks, highly recommend Silly Al's.

Tags
quartzsite