Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2016, 07:41 PM   #1

Hurricane refund credit

location florida ST Augustine. Had to leave because of hurricane matthew.. Paid for entire month oct.Will I be wrong to hope for some type of credit..rv park still has no water or electric..also really not looking forward to being around all the repair noise..also paid with credit card..am I at the mercy of rv park???sorry if I posted in wrong section

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 07:53 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua1980 View Post
location florida ST Augustine. Had to leave because of hurricane matthew.. Paid for entire month oct.Will I be wrong to hope for some type of credit..rv park still has no water or electric..also really not looking forward to being around all the repair noise..also paid with credit card..am I at the mercy of rv park???sorry if I posted in wrong section
Hello and Welcome
You posted your question is a great place.......
I assume you were there , had to evacuate, and now returned???
Did you ask the owners this question? Would you like a refund so you can move to a new place? What are their rules if any pertaining to this type of problem?
Talking to the manager/owner would be my first move, then onto my credit card company..........if there is nothing in their rules and regulations pertaining to your questions and refund of your money.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
David gave you a very good answer.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 09:02 PM   #4

hurricane credit

thanks for replies..we love the park and childhood memories there..not looking for freebie..just credit ...hopefully will have an answer tomorrow that is fair
Old 10-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #5

Not to steal your thread, please tell us about the park condition and how they are coping with clean up. Had plans for St. A in a couple of weeks. In South Carolina at Tuck in the Woods they are pretty emphatic, only refund during ordered Evac period. Before and after we got your money and its now our 💰.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsekr View Post
Not to steal your thread, please tell us about the park condition and how they are coping with clean up. Had plans for St. A in a couple of weeks. In South Carolina at Tuck in the Woods they are pretty emphatic, only refund during ordered Evac period. Before and after we got your money and its now our 💰.
I would think that if the park was not up to speed on their advertised amenities, ie, safe water, electric, sewer, pool, public areas, that you would be due a refund. Bad weather happens, but that doesn't mean that the RV'er that paid money should be the only one to suffer the $ burden.

Besides, it's a safe bet that the parks insurance policy will cover them for lost income due to the hurricane! So if the park is "damaged" and you are not able to stay there, or the amenities are greatly reduced, they keep your money, AND file a claim with their insurance, in effect getting paid TWICE? If that is what is happening, I would have an issue with that!

I would take it up with the camp ground, then with you CC company if the campground doesn't budge . . .

On a side note, if you have Coachnet Roadside Assistance, they have "Vacation Interruption Insurance" I believe it's called for less than $10.00 per year, which covers up to $1,500.00 in reimbursement costs for a balked vacation under some circumstances. Something to look into.
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If they collect rent for a site, they haven't lost revenue on it, so get no insurance coverage for "lost revenue". IF they even have that kind of insurance, which seems doubtful to me. Insurance on RV parklsis high enough without adding optional coverages for things like that.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 04:24 AM   #8

will be in st Augustine late tue..will try to give up date on conditions there..really a great park

Tags
hurricane