RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 AM   #1

HWH bad mini 12v relay

We have a 2006 country coach. No power to the HWH hydraulic solenoid wire #8600. I have traced the problem down to the 12v mini relay in the control box. All searches say that the solder in relay (CM1F-P-12V) is discontinued, I can't find one anywhere. The relay cost approx. $4.00, I was told from HWH It could cost up to $1,000. to send it in for repair . My question is, can I remove the bad relay and replace it with a 5 pin 12vDC CM1-12V relay with a new socket mounted at the bottom of the control box and soldering the wires from the relay back to the board? I am capable to perform this task, just don't know if the relay CM1-12V 5pin will work. All help would be appreciated.
Thanks Jerry R

betnjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2 .

Sorry you're here with problems .

What series leveling system are you working on ? 625 ?
Is this relay on the main brain board ?
Any chance you could post a picture ?

Old 09-13-2017, 11:49 AM   #3

Not at home right now as soon as we get there I will post a picture and it's a series 2000 leveling system
Old 09-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #4
Commercial Member

i talked with jerry earlier about this relay. its on an obsolete control box. the only way he might find one is maybe someone has an old control box. that relay is used in several positions on older circuit boards. maybe he could order one from frys electronics, or radio shack. or find a salvage yard that has one on a rv.hwh tells me that they have to replace several other diodes in order to make the new style relay work. im not an electronic circuit board repairman. so i dont know.
the price he was qouted is for a reman control box. any of you that have dealt with hwh know that the only price hwh can quote reliably. they have no idea what is wrong with his. i hope this helps.
i cant get one myself. so i wish him luck.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:54 PM   #5

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Replacement Relay

Jerry,

Will this help?

https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...-12V-ND/647152

Looks like it might.

Frank B
fbuckwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #6

Georgie Boy Owners Club
oppps

http://www.newark.com/panasonic-elec...P_LastViewed_1

Newark shows the plug in relay in the picture but they call out solder pins. Would be best to call them for sure.
fbuckwalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jerry! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

First you've got to know the switching arrangement of the relay, i.e. SPST, SPDT, DPDT, etc. Once you know that, and have the base configuration, then your idea of a separately mounted relay will work fine. Maybe HWH can give you that info.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 08:51 AM   #8
Commercial Member

i was at frys electronics in phoenix yesterday. i showed them a photo of a hwh 625 control box with the relays on the circuit board. according to the sales person, they should be able to match any relay on that board. the guy said, either bring in the relay, or the circuit board, and they should be able to supply the relay. the numbers on the relay are needed to find the right one.
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #9

Thanks everyone for the help, lots of good info. After listening to my wife for the last 24 hrs. I went along with her idea of reinstalling the control center and gently tapping the top of the mini relay with a rubber handle screwdriver. It worked (for now). The other good news, I found a new relay on the internet from China: eek: I'll try to post a picture of my relay with the numbers on it and a pic of the email I received from Boanse Electronics. Thanks again to everyone for your help. Jerry R
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	relay info.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	176586  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf relay control box.pdf (692.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: pdf control box1.pdf (692.5 KB, 11 views)

Tags
hwh