Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #1

HWH Jacks

I'm am so fed up with HWH jacks. I've replaced one and now it looks like I'm going to have to replace another. My coach is only 4 years old. I hope Winnebago quits using this lousy product. I think it's terrible that I can't go camping without carrying a ten foot 2X4 to help a problematic jack up. I think HWH should stand by their product, but they don't even answer the phone.

I appreciate inputs from the forum members. I replaced the last jack myself, so I know the systems pretty well. Hydraulics should be more reliable than this crappy product.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2015, 08:42 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I'm sorry but I called HWH this morning and got a service appointment. As far as the jacks not coming up, I have the same problem, **** happens.

Winnebago did quit using HWH several years ago. At least with the hydraulic jacks a 2X4 will let me get them up. I suspect the solenoid valve is weak of dirty. I'll let you know after the service work.

Give them another call, they do answer the call. They may have been swamped with phone calls.

I have called Winnebago and not got an answer. called the next morning and got right up.

Hope you get your problem fixed soon.

Happy Travels.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:10 AM   #3

It could be as simple as a dirty jack shaft. Mine will be balky from time to time, especially the left rear. I'll extend them, spray down with WD40, wipe it all off, and they'll work fine.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:46 PM   #4
Commercial Member

hi dave, sorry to hear about your problem. maybe i can help. my cell is 602-549-3638
im paul maddox and i work for hwh. i live in arizona. i will be traveling to madison wisconsin for the fmca rally. any chance you are going there. let me know. thanks. paul
Old 07-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We've had nothing but HWH jacks and on the '02 Dutch Star after 13 years they were all functioning just fine. Never had even one problem with them and NEVER lubed the ram as some say they need to.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #6

I resolved my jack issue with HWH and they met me half way, by rebuilding my jack for a very fair price. I don't think they would do this on a routine basis, but they did say that it was unusual to have both rear jacks go out in such short order. I'll install in the next few days. My faith is somewhat renewed in the company.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:21 PM   #7

Great to hear you got a fair resolution from HWH. Did you call Paul Maddox personally? I thought that was pretty awesome that he chimed in and gave you his phone #. He may regret doing that as a number of people probably added that cell phone # to their Rolodex!
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #8

I did call Paul and he's a nice fellow. He couldn't help me until the end of July. In the end, I received an email from Joe Portelli. He agreed to rebuild it for their hourly rate of $90.00 per hour not to exceed 1.5 hrs. He subsequently only charged me $90.00 plus shipping for a total of $128.00. I put it on yesterday and now my two rear jacks go up like rockets.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:23 AM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
HWH Jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
We've had nothing but HWH jacks and on the '02 Dutch Star after 13 years they were all functioning just fine. Never had even one problem with them and NEVER lubed the ram as some say they need to.

X2 on Mr D. My HWH jacks are original to the coach. Although I'm the third owner, I have all maintenance documentation since day 1. Not one problem with the jack mechanism. I do, however, treat the cylinders with silicone spray/wipe periodically.
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:36 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by davismills View Post
I did call Paul and he's a nice fellow. He couldn't help me until the end of July. In the end, I received an email from Joe Portelli. He agreed to rebuild it for their hourly rate of $90.00 per hour not to exceed 1.5 hrs. He subsequently only charged me $90.00 plus shipping for a total of $128.00. I put it on yesterday and now my two rear jacks go up like rockets.
I just sent one in last month for a rebuild (second time in 6 years) and that is about what it cost me. It depends on what parts they need to replace. As long as the ram isn't bent, repair is fairly inexpensive compared to a whole new cylinder. By the way, keep the extra cap for the hose connection to put on if you ever need to send another one in.

CJ7ole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh, jacks