Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
HWH leveling jacks

Should I block with HWH leveling jack system?
Should the HWH leveling system completely level my coach if on somewhat level ground?
Thank you, Zonkpdie
__________________

__________________
Zonkpdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
okie-dokie's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 364
Yes & Yes. Mostly depends on how unlevel the area is. Do not take the wheels off the ground. This is bad for the air bags, shocks, springs, etc.
__________________

__________________
Bill, enrolled member of Choctaw Tribe. 2005 Fleetwood/Revolution,AFE Filter,Aero Exhaust,Koni FSD shocks,KarKaddy SS. Progressive HW-50C.
okie-dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
Registered User


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,198
No and yes.....

No need for blocking.
The levelling system should accomadate a parking space that is off 6" front to rear, 3-4 side to side. Ok to lift a front wheel or 2 off the ground.
__________________
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
PirateCamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Swansea, South Carolina
Posts: 159
I needed this information also. Thanks!
__________________
1988 Coachmen 32 Ft. Sportscoach Pathfinder DL S
Class A gas, Chevy P37 Chassis 7.4L Engine
Retired Army, Swansea, South Carolina
PirateCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
okie-dokie's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 364
Apparently JM has never seen a coach roll off it's jack as I have seen. ( not mine, someone else coach ). Yes the jacks will level the coach in the op thread. Again if you take the wheels off the ground in time you will damage the shocks. They are stretched out to far. Air bags, can over time be damaged, I have seen the bags rupture and start to leak, which therfore becomes another issue. If you have leaf springs and you have it stored for approx. 6 months, with the wheels off the ground, you may have to have a new leaf added or rebuilt. Put block pads under the tires if the jacks are going to raise the tires off the ground and then re-level your coach.
__________________
Bill, enrolled member of Choctaw Tribe. 2005 Fleetwood/Revolution,AFE Filter,Aero Exhaust,Koni FSD shocks,KarKaddy SS. Progressive HW-50C.
okie-dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:36 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 21
Leveling Jacks

Will there a time where you know your not leveled after the system shuts off, should you then go to manual and finish levleing or start over?
__________________
Zonkpdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
okie-dokie's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonkpdie View Post
Will there a time where you know your not leveled after the system shuts off, should you then go to manual and finish levleing or start over?
I have the Power Gear system on my Fleetwood/Revolution. When the center light stops blinking and stays on solid, it's level. Yours may be a little different.
__________________
Bill, enrolled member of Choctaw Tribe. 2005 Fleetwood/Revolution,AFE Filter,Aero Exhaust,Koni FSD shocks,KarKaddy SS. Progressive HW-50C.
okie-dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Snowbird - Waterford Mi and Citrus Springs Fl.
Posts: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
Apparently JM has never seen a coach roll off it's jack as I have seen. ( not mine, someone else coach ). Yes the jacks will level the coach in the op thread. Again if you take the wheels off the ground in time you will damage the shocks. They are stretched out to far. Air bags, can over time be damaged, I have seen the bags rupture and start to leak, which therfore becomes another issue. If you have leaf springs and you have it stored for approx. 6 months, with the wheels off the ground, you may have to have a new leaf added or rebuilt. Put block pads under the tires if the jacks are going to raise the tires off the ground and then re-level your coach.
Not that it matters much, but I'm left wondering how a coach with it's parking brake properly set might roll when a FRONT tire is lifted from the ground? I wouldn't be too concerned about that issue myself, though I generally don't make a habit out of doing that. I'll generally drive up on blocks to add to the rigidity that jacks only support might offer (mine wobble like that!).

Not sure what the OP was referring to when asking about blocking? My HWH jack bases have sort of a rounded profile where they meet the ground, seem to settle in after a day or so when on anything but concrete. For that reason, I block the jacks as a matter of routine when setting up for more than a few hours.
__________________
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
okie-dokie's Avatar
 
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Not that it matters much, but I'm left wondering how a coach with it's parking brake properly set might roll when a FRONT tire is lifted from the ground? I wouldn't be too concerned about that issue myself, though I generally don't make a habit out of doing that. I'll generally drive up on blocks to add to the rigidity that jacks only support might offer (mine wobble like that!).

Not sure what the OP was referring to when asking about blocking? My HWH jack bases have sort of a rounded profile where they meet the ground, seem to settle in after a day or so when on anything but concrete. For that reason, I block the jacks as a matter of routine when setting up for more than a few hours.
If the rear wheels are off the ground, your rear spring brakes are not effective. That's why I suggested putting blocks under the tire's if the cg pad is that unlevel. Sometimes I will have to, do one wheel or two. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
__________________
Bill, enrolled member of Choctaw Tribe. 2005 Fleetwood/Revolution,AFE Filter,Aero Exhaust,Koni FSD shocks,KarKaddy SS. Progressive HW-50C.
okie-dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Snowbird - Waterford Mi and Citrus Springs Fl.
Posts: 3,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie-dokie View Post
If the rear wheels are off the ground, your rear spring brakes are not effective. That's why I suggested putting blocks under the tire's if the cg pad is that unlevel. Sometimes I will have to, do one wheel or two. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
Jim and I both commented regarding having FRONTS in the air?
__________________

__________________
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hwh, jacks, leveling



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.