Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

HWH Problem

I have a Triple E 2005 32 Commander. I have been having consistant problems with my hydraulics since purchase in 2012. I am providing my most recent problem which occurred last week
1. All systems worked, the jacks and main slide, at the campground and on travel to campground (about 200 miles)
2. On leaving the camp, I retracted all jacks and main slide with no problem
3. Drove about 15 miles and jack light came on signaling the left front jack down. Pushed the retract button while driving. This usually restores the jack to storage.
4.. Stopped for gas and noted that the left front jack was in its normal stored position. Jack light indicating it down still remained on
5. On arrival home, began to put main slide out, but sounded like it was performing at half. Retracted to storage position and then deployed again. Went out, but didn't sound right.
6. Connected to electric and noted that the left front jack was deployed to within 2 inches of ground. No intervention from me!
7. Proceeded to call service to report problem that needed to be corrected before I could move unit back to storage
8. After sitting about 2 hours, I again checked the jack and found that it had retracted to its normal position on its own. Was totally shocked in that I was not even in the unit, or had engaged the hydraulic system in any way.

This same thing happened to me 1 year ago. After much time, 3 trips for repair and considerable $, I was told the system was A-OK. The system functioned throughout the winter with no problem. The unit has been in storage since middle of March and this was the first time using it this season. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this problem. I am now getting anxious just driving the unit, wondering if a jack is going to spontaneously drop directly into the road. Any info will be helpful.
TsuSM70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-19-2015, 06:56 PM   #2

Do a search on here for azpete. He works for HWH, has published his phone number and is more than willing to help.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:19 PM   #3

HWH has been very responsive and professional whenever we have contacted them for the minor repairs and parts we needed.

2006 Winnebago Adventurer
2014 Honda CRV
Rpwainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 01:03 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
When I had my Pace Arrow I had the problem of the light on the dash come on telling me that my jacks were down. They worst time was in work traffic on the freeway in Oakland CA. After stopping wife jumped out and saw that all the Jacks were in the proper place.
When I got home I took it to a repair place (not connected with a dealer) and they service man asked if I waited any time after my dash lights said my jacks had retracted. I said no. He said just wait a few min longer than the lights are telling you it ok to travel. With that information I never had a problem again.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #5

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
call azpete he is very helpful he helped me out over the phone
RV LYONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:09 PM   #6

Is the hyd. oil level at the full mark? Has it been lower than the "add" mark? Are any of the hoses or solenoids wet? Everything you describe sounds like there is air in the system.
Beak12 is exacty right on question #3. My jacks-down alarm would sound if I didn't wait at least 1 minute after the "store" light illuminated. Rough pavement would cause a micro-switch to move enough to trigger the alarm. HOWEVER; air in the lines can expand when warmed, perhaps enough to push the jack down a bit.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
Commercial Member

it sounds like the hydraulic solenoid for that jack is leaking thru. if the jack is extending that far down, the solenoid is sticking most of the time to some extent.
when you are traveling, it is a good idea to push the store button every time you depart. let the system time itself out and shut itself off.
the system will them monitor the jacks. when one extends enough to activate a light, the system will turn that solenoid on and retract the jack.
i know i harp on this a lot, but download a service manual and read it. the operators manual does not cover any of the diagnostics you need to solve this problem.
air in the system is not a problem. the jack system is self bleeding. air will compress, and not push the jack down. fluid does not compress. that is what is pushing the jack down. check your lines to see if that jack has a line close to a heat source.
please feel free to call me at 602-549-3638 i do work for hwh.
paul maddox
azpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh