Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

Hyd Levlling Jack?

Does any know or can some one give me information on the Hyd jacks. Question is can one use them to store the unite when not in use? Does it hurt them? We use them when out on trips and for 2 to 3 months at a time when in Florida? so whats the difference? Have not heard anything about using them to save tires when in storage?
Thanks
Colt9
colt9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt9 View Post
Does any know or can some one give me information on the Hyd jacks. Question is can one use them to store the unite when not in use? Does it hurt them? We use them when out on trips and for 2 to 3 months at a time when in Florida? so whats the difference? Have not heard anything about using them to save tires when in storage?
Thanks
Colt9
My Coach sits on the jacks all winter..........I use 12" large blocking under each jack pad(1-2" from pad to blocks), so as not to have the return springs stretched out all winter..........I raise the Coach till I hear the air bag level control valves loosing air.......then I know the largest part of the weight is on the jacks.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:10 PM   #3

Mine have external retraction springs that could become stretched over long periods, but I think taking load off the tires, etc., is worth it.

I like Palehorse's way better.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #4

My only concern being in Florida would be the jack shafts rusting if exposed for long periods of time.
Old 12-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #5

palehorse89 I like your response! What kind of blocks do you use? Sound like a plant to me. All I have to do is find blocks that will hold the MH and ones I can life. Do you also take them with you on trips?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:35 PM   #6

Where did some of those words come from? that is not what i typed!@ Hope you get the hang of what I was asking?
Old 12-11-2016, 12:40 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by colt9 View Post
palehorse89 I like your response! What kind of blocks do you use? Sound like a plant to me. All I have to do is find blocks that will hold the MH and ones I can life. Do you also take them with you on trips?
12" square hardwood blocks..........No, I do not haul them......just use them for winter storage.

In this photo, the Coach is raised up quite a bit(Jack extended) as I was doing the Chassis maintenance on it. During normal storage, maybe 1-2" of the cylinder is out........