Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #15

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
"walk to the store" It's over 8 miles from Sevierville, TN to I40; busy highway with no place to walk alongside. You must really like to walk.

Actually I think he said, or stated, "walk the store". That might be significant in this context.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2013, 09:21 PM   #16

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BpK9Miami View Post

Actually I think he said, or stated, "walk the store". That might be significant in this context.

Yep, I took it as thought he liked to walk through the store, we call it "window shopping" even though it's done inside the store and not through the windows.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:44 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
I suppose "CW" stands for Camping World. Why is it so hard to spell such things?
It's cause people text all the time and it's carried over. FWIW
Old 07-26-2013, 07:46 AM   #18

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
CW is the last choice for me...they are usually much higher than everybody else.
I have to agree on this one. I priced out a vacuum part for our Thetford toilet and they were 30 dollars more and would have taken a 2-3 weeks. I called the other store and they could have it the next day for 10 bucks cheaper and they thru in the toilet flange in the deal. MH toilet repaired and no leaks
Back in business just in time for another weekend outing
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping World is run as a for profit business. They are going to do what ever makes the most economic sense in shutting down a store. If they can load up and move the merchandise to another store cheaper than selling at reduced prices, it is there decision. The used and returned stuff is probablly not proffitable to move, so they unload it locally.

Ken
Old 07-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #20
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Camping World is run as a for profit business. They are going to do what ever makes the most economic sense in shutting down a store. If they can load up and move the merchandise to another store cheaper than selling at reduced prices, it is there decision. The used and returned stuff is probablly not proffitable to move, so they unload it locally.

Ken
I agree. That sums it up nicely.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Talking

How DARE they make a decision without polling us !?!

Who do they think they are ????

oh, yeah - they own and run the business - so they have that right (for now !)
Old 07-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Ray,IN,
Like others have already posted my words were "to walk the store" not what you posted. It is nice, for me, to be able to walk into the store and shop/browse, etc. Since Tennessee RV will remain at that location and are already advertising they will be opening a store of their own, gut feel says the rental lease was up and one of the players did not want to renew.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Ray,IN,
Like others have already posted my words were "to walk the store" not what you posted. It is nice, for me, to be able to walk into the store and shop/browse, etc. Since Tennessee RV will remain at that location and are already advertising they will be opening a store of their own, gut feel says the rental lease was up and one of the players did not want to renew.
Just shows to go you how difficult it is to converse via the written word. I read-in a word that is not present, sorry.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #24

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Camping World is run as a for profit business. They are going to do what ever makes the most economic sense in shutting down a store......Ken
Well said TXiceman! As noted above concerning prices, sometimes they are higher, sometimes they are lower. Sounds like both posters did it the All American Way. They shop around and get the best price and/or quality. If it's a major item, yes I check around, but with two stores in the local area, sometimes they are just the most convenient.
VSPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Well, it finally happened. CW disappointed me more than once. This has to do with the CW store at exit 398 off I 40 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
1. Stopped by the store today and found out they are closing on July 28 (this Sunday). This is the closest CW to where I stay. No other CWs close by.
2. Asked about the going out of business/moving sale. Where are the deals. I was shown a grubby pile of returned merchandise at reduced prices. That was it.

CW would rather pack up all their merchandise and ship it to other stores than give customers/members a good deal to take it off their hands. I could have spend a couple of grand. But I spent nothing.
You are disappointed that a giant chain store is closing one outlet and not fire sale-ing remaining inventory?

I don't think your expectations were realistic.

Uncle Dave
Old 07-27-2013, 08:23 AM   #26

Went to C W in Madison, Wi. for faucet parts. They do not carry any replacement parts for faucets, and only had 2 bath faucets available at outrageous prices. Very disappointing . Traveled 40 miles to get there, but they had free hot dogs !!!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #27
Community Moderator

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom3205 View Post
Went to C W in Madison, Wi. for faucet parts. They do not carry any replacement parts for faucets, and only had 2 bath faucets available at outrageous prices. Very disappointing . Traveled 40 miles to get there, but they had free hot dogs !!!
For several years my closest CW was 35 miles away. I got in the habit of calling before driving if it was a special or unusual item. I found the best people to talk to were the service writers. They were usually happy to check in the store for me, and understood what the parts looked like.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2012 Honda CRV on Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar. Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:30 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
X2 CAT320...."CW" is no bargin.