Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
I Am Disappointed With CW

Well, it finally happened. CW disappointed me more than once. This has to do with the CW store at exit 398 off I 40 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
1. Stopped by the store today and found out they are closing on July 28 (this Sunday). This is the closest CW to where I stay. No other CWs close by.
2. Asked about the going out of business/moving sale. Where are the deals. I was shown a grubby pile of returned merchandise at reduced prices. That was it.

CW would rather pack up all their merchandise and ship it to other stores than give customers/members a good deal to take it off their hands. I could have spend a couple of grand. But I spent nothing.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #2

I suppose "CW" stands for Camping World. Why is it so hard to spell such things?
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Work ( or spell ) smarter, not harder?
so47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Actually, Camping World opened up a brand new store in Louisville (Maryville-Alcoa area) which is much closer to the tourist area of the Smoky Mountain National Park. We who frequent the park and the many campgrounds around this area are very pleased with the new store. They also have Camping World RV sales at the same location, something they did not have at the Knoxville location; they were located next to East Tennessee RV, which caused more than a little confusion. But it's only about 20 miles between the two locations. Merchandise was probably transferred to the new location.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Gary, I'm not going to comment on the good or bad concerning Camping World, but I will say that CW has already opened a new store on the western side of Knoxville. It's located south of I-40 off of I-140 in Lousiville, Tn. It's just a few miles from I-40. I don't know where you are staying, but if it's on the western side of K'ville, the store is in a better location.
CoastieSCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #6
jpf

Gulf Streamers Club
SC, USA with a Newmar DP. OK! KWIM?
jpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the info on the Louisville location. I have known about that location. I am located in Sevierville, Tennessee. It is quite a hike, over hill and dale, to get to the Louisville location. Most likely, I will need to purchase via the Internet. Having the store at exit 398, for me, was a convenience. It was nice, every once and a while to walk the store.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
2. Asked about the going out of business/moving sale. Where are the deals. I was shown a grubby pile of returned merchandise at reduced prices. That was it.
CW would rather pack up all their merchandise and ship it to other stores than give customers/members a good deal to take it off their hands. I could have spend a couple of grand. But I spent nothing.
I'm actually not surprised. Camping World has a distribution center in Bowling Green KY. It would make economical sense for them to truck the stock back to the warehouse and sell it at full price.
Bruce Dickson 2013 Thor Challenger 37GT, 5 Star Tune, Safe-T-Plus Steering Control with Air Trim, Roadmaster front and rear Sway Bars, SuperSteer rear Track Bar, Crossfires, 2018 Honda CRV . Full timers since Jan 2012.
bdickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdickson View Post
I'm actually not surprised. Camping World has a distribution center in Bowling Green KY. It would make economical sense for them to truck the stock back to the warehouse and sell it at full price.
I agree.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:30 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
CW is the last choice for me...they are usually much higher than everybody else.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:34 PM   #11

not every ones spelling it that good i am one of them that have to word things in ways i know i can spell
terry735001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #12

Most all of us read Typonese, and can figger it out
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #13

I believe pretty much everyone knows what CW means on an RV forum......
Old 07-25-2013, 07:56 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Thanks for the info on the Louisville location. I have known about that location. I am located in Sevierville, Tennessee. It is quite a hike, over hill and dale, to get to the Louisville location. Most likely, I will need to purchase via the Internet. Having the store at exit 398, for me, was a convenience. It was nice, every once and a while to walk the store.
"walk to the store" It's over 8 miles from Sevierville, TN to I40; busy highway with no place to walk alongside. You must really like to walk.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote