Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #43

Tiffin Owners Club
Since many RV Dealers are folding their tents a great deal of RV "stuff" is ending up on EBay. I recently bought three color camers and a 7" color monitor, all Voyager, all in new condition for less than $400. It is now installed and works very well. I have purchased many small items from EBay and have been satisfied 99% of the time.

Dadeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2009, 07:49 AM   #44

Sounds encouraging.
I'm about to go through the process. Saw a MH on Ebay but it didn't sell. Contacted seller directly and we made a deal. I'm picking up the coach in Texas and driving back to Ohio. Can anyone fill me in on how the temp tag process works in this instance (buy in TX and title in OH)? Thanks in advance. Great information.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:19 AM   #45

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
We bought our first TT off of ebay. It was new and everything was as stated. I had no problems in the year and half I had the TT. The problem was I had not lived in it. The shower was way too small and I had no where to sit that I was confortable. The dealer went out of his way for us. He had it setup on his campground. We had to get the hitch and brake controller from him. It was a good starter TT. I am not sorry we bought and I even got a little more than we paid for it when we traded it. I realy got a good deal on the one we now have but have had several problems. The Northwood plant in Winchester, Va. has really gone out of it's way to please me , but I am tired of taking it back. It been back three times. Two times for the bedroom slide and once for a new roof. The plant is now closed and they are only building them in Orgean.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:55 PM   #46

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairview View Post
Sounds encouraging.
I'm about to go through the process. Saw a MH on Ebay but it didn't sell. Contacted seller directly and we made a deal. I'm picking up the coach in Texas and driving back to Ohio. Can anyone fill me in on how the temp tag process works in this instance (buy in TX and title in OH)? Thanks in advance. Great information.
Fairview,
My deal went pretty much the same way as yours. FL. made getting home simple. Proof of insurance and $15 was all I needed to get the temp tag.
Hopefully it'll be that easy for you.
Lt46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #47

The ones you stay away from are the ones that have a low approvel rating,
I was interested in a motorhome that was advertized on ebay; it was only about 50 miles from where I live so I went to look at it before bidding; thank goodness I looked first; It was not as advertized his rateing was 92%, nile I no why.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:14 AM   #48

Congrats!! We have bought 2 units off E-bay as well, and were very happy. Our first MH was a 29' Dutchmen class C 2 years ago. We just sold it and bought a 1999 Class A Fleetwood Southwind a couple months ago.

Darren
Old 03-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #49

When buying a used unite expect to put some repairs on it; I've just bought my fourth used motorhome; although it was in super condition I still had to do some fixen to bring it up to (in my opinon) camping condition; sewer valve leaked; guage sensors didn't work; two jacks were slow going up;One jack indicator didn't work; inlet to city water leaks, had to rewire connector to match my toad, normal things like oil changees and lubration, all in all not that much.
always have at least $2000 laid back when buying used; I think I'll get buy with around $500; then have a roadworthy motorhome.
If you can do your own fixen youll save a ton of money.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #50

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am a EBay winner as well. I got a 2005 Fleetwood Southwind and I could not have been satisfied with the deal. The only problem I had is it was advertised with a sleeper sofa and it did not have one. He discounted the price and I found a brand new one at RV Salvage for $400.00. What I also did was look for a local RV repair shop not a dealer and paid him to check it out from top to bottom.

Carla

2005 Fleetwood Southwind 32VS (W-22)
CarlaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:44 PM   #51

A friend of mine has bought two rv's on ebay and been happy with both. I sure wish they would create a "truck conversion" catagory for us t/c lovers.