Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-11-2015, 05:55 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner

2014 Fleetwood Bounder 35k
mojoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2015, 07:01 AM   #16
Please to send me bank account number. I will return you moneys from Prince who want you happy. You his friend. Soon you be rich. Not to tell police though please.

Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #17
I ask them if it would be easier for me to send them my bank routing number, password and ss#. I don"t hear back.
1992 Bounder 28T, Chevy 454, Yak Rak
2000 Trackatara
Scottsdale, AZ
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:26 AM   #18
haahaa i was thinking the same thing sandman was......lol..

yep scam for sure,,,just ignore it....
jeff n debbie, and our 4 4 legged family members
68 aristocrat,68 216 winnebago, ancient GTA,1963 airstream,
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:00 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Almost exact language my daughter received when she was selling a saddle. We decided to let the "buyer" send a check to see what happened. Got a corporate check from a company in a state different from the postmark. So we called the company and they had no idea this was going on.
TexasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:00 AM   #20
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Tell them that you can only accept a direct transfer of funds between their bank and yours! Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS!
Joe & Annette

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 09:07 AM   #21
Thor Owners Club
Always the same awkward language. Probably a google translation. I guess some people respond to this kind of offer or they wouldn't still be sending out these offers.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #22
Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Have seen that kind of convoluted confusing language many times from others, some of whom did not question it.

EVERY TIME.. and I mean EVERY TIME.. .... Well let's just say there is nothing wrong with your smeller (nose) if you smell the sweet stink of a scam.> For that is what it was.. EVERY TIME.

If the response is "We will come and look at it and bring money with us" Well, that's legit.. But when you need to read it 3 times to figure out what they are saying it is a bit like the phone call:

Your Grandson is in jail and needs 500 Bond just Western Union it to this code name and I'll bail him out for you.
(My Grandson just celebrated his birthday... his FIRST birthday, So you know how much I'd believe that one).
Home is where I park it!
wa8yxm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:18 AM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Tell them that you can only accept a direct transfer of funds between their bank and yours! Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS!

Exactly; when I sold my Pace Arrow we sat in it and chatted with the buyers until my bank called me and said the "money is in your account".

I have sold over $60K on Craigslist, person to person, face to face, cash only. Yes it is harder to sell, but; much safer dollar wise, and you set the when and where.
2008 Bounder 38P F53 24/30K V10, 2013 Kia Soul Basic 6 speed manual, Ready Brake Elite tow system (previous equipment 1996 Pace Arrow Vision w/Acme Dolly)
Brockx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #24
I also get solicited with these kind of messages to my roofing company. I screw with them occasionally for entertainment value but yes it's a scam. Sometimes they text me and ask for stuff and I text them back and solicit them for something else using their own tactics . They will never provide you a phone number to call them. Their goal is to gain access to your bank account or get you to send them some sort of payment on the transaction after they accidently overpaid or decided to cancel the transaction.
2002 Newmar Kountry Star 3669
Freightliner 300HP Cummins
Towing 2005 Jeep Liberty & 2010 Tundra W/Remco DD
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:53 AM   #25
Tiffin Owners Club
Oldest scam out there. Not only does it SMELL like a scam, I'm pretty sure we all could categorize it as "if it smells like BS...." (you finish it). Only difference is instead of being on an oil rig in the middle of the ocean, he is making a trip to Brazil (hopefully not at your expense).
"In the game of life, I have no need for tickets on the 50-yard line, I brought my shoes, I came to play." Unknown
Don and Dale (2015 Tiffin 32 SA with 5ST, CHF, Safe-T-Plus and EEZRV TPMS) RVM106
Don and Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 11:00 AM   #26
Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Sorry, guys, but I'd make a run at getting some money back into our USA.

Tell the guy, "Sure, send the $2000", then deposit the check. After that, stall messages for days until the 10 days is up.

Confirm with your bank that the $2000 is firmly into your account, no recourse. If you can do that, go to the seller and make your terms. Now he's in the game expecting a good payout. You know better.

Don't spend that $2000 too quickly, since it's possible for a bank to come back to you even after they've told you, "no problem".
However, what if you win?

BAD BAD BAD Idea. The check will be worthless and you bank won't like you much.
New to us 2008 Dutch Star 4035
Major upgrade from our 2006 Goof Stream Crescendo
Dutchstar08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #27

I have several items on Craigslist and the most common inquiry I receive is something like this: I am interested in your appliance, do you still have it. I usually respond with I have several appliances, which one are you asking about? The automated response is most often completely garage text, not understandable. It seems entertaining to see what the next one will come up with. Funny, at least to me.
Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #28
If you want some free entertainment check out 419eater.com This guy has messed with the scammers for years and shares all the emails and pictures. One of my favorites is The Tale of The Painted Breast. It's a great story.

Grubmaster is offline   Reply With Quote