Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2013, 08:25 PM   #1

I used to love Camping World....until now!

I'm one that doesn't frequently visit CW but when I do I usually spend more than I should. Tonight I thought I'd order my Parents a couple of nice outdoor rocking chairs for them (I have them and they commented how much they liked them). I placed the order and noticed I was about .40 short of free shipping, because any order over $99.00 is free. Here's the ad....

Camping World Coupons
Free Shipping On Orders Of $99+
For Good Sam Club members.
Guaranteed to Work

So I reorder and add a nice blanket for my Mom that my DW loves. That takes the order over $99.00. Went to checkout and they still wanted the shipping. I call their Toll Free number and explain the situation to the Call Center agent. She explains that it does not cover large items. I politely explained that their ad said free shipping over $99.00 and there was nothing else indicating stipulations. She hung up on me! I called back and asked for a Manager just because I will follow up on who hung up on me. I explained the situation to the Mgr and he told me the same thing she told me. I hang up, get back online to order a gift card for $100. There is a Camping World 10 miles from where my Folks live. I go to check out and CW wants $1.50 shipping!!!!!! I call CW and they said yes, we charge shipping for gift cards. I don't get it!
I guess I'll buy them a fruit cake!!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #2

WOW, that's crazy!

Old 12-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #3

Jayco Owners Club
Catch 22
Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I think you may have missed the fine print where it says "Restrictions may apply. Click for details"

*This offer is good only on stocked merchandise purchases of $99 or more for active Good Sam Members only. The minimum purchase required for Free Shipping or free shipping promotions doesn't include, and free shipping doesn't apply to, direct-ship items from vendors, express orders, gift cards, magazine subscriptions, bulk orders (more than 8 units of any single item), wholesale orders, freight items (such as awnings & refrigerators) applicable shipping charges or sales tax. Free shipping doesn't apply to heavy or oversize items denoted with the truck symbol on the product information pages. Non-Eligible items are marked with our truck symbol on the product information pages, and additional shipping charges are clearly stated for reference prior to placing them into your shopping cart. Free shipping offer cannot be applied to previously placed orders, and cannot be used in combination with any other offers or coupons except for internet sale pricing.

All the rocking chairs I checked showed the truck symbol and freight charges of at least $9.00.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobGed View Post
I think you may have missed the fine print where it says "Restrictions may apply. Click for details"
...snip...
Good post, BobGed. Always good to confirm facts.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:51 PM   #6

Didn't miss anything. What I copied and pasted off the web is what was there. That's wrong. Simple as that Your "Facts" are on their website to order. My facts are from a free shipping ad.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Oh, that dang fine print...that is sometimes well hidden.

Ken
Old 12-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
I've been very pleased with the sales dept both on line and in-store. I have ordered a ton of stuff on line with CW and even purchased items in our local store, had to return couple of them without receipt and there was no hassle at all.

One time I did not even know there was a coupon for vent insulator and clerk had one for me. I have never had any service work done there but all of our business with them has been good. I realize you can have a bad experience from time to time but I will always give a place an opportunity redeem themselves but perhaps I am just fortunate but have been always pleased with CW. I might add my store in C. Bluffs IA the staff are always very friendly.
Kro1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:15 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post

Good post, BobGed. Always good to confirm facts.
X2!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #10

Guess the old saying of "the customer is always right" doesn't apply in our modern age.
I have been treated very well at Camping World and then again sometimes not so well, guess it depends who you deal with.
I was looking for a 5th wheel so I went in on day, asked the sales person if they had what I was looking for, 'no' was their reply and walked away.
Not I will help you find one, will take your name if we get one, etc.
Went someone else and bought.
I might understand shipping on heavy items but on a gift card??
Just seems it could have been worked out better.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Maybe the same chairs are on Amazon cheaper and with free shipping.
Old 12-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Camping World shipping charges and the length of time to get my order are the reasons I stopped buying anything from them. Somehow anything I ordered, large or small, free shipping never applied to. I started buying the same stuff on Amazon and most was prime which means free shipping and second day delivery and the prices were less. Much better experience especially when I needed a critical part fast.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melmoses View Post
Camping World shipping charges and the length of time to get my order are the reasons I stopped buying anything from them. Somehow anything I ordered, large or small, free shipping never applied to. I started buying the same stuff on Amazon and most was prime which means free shipping and second day delivery and the prices were less. Much better experience especially when I needed a critical part fast.
Same here. My experience and sentiments, exactly.

Bruce
Old 12-13-2013, 09:28 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triker56 View Post
Maybe the same chairs are on Amazon cheaper and with free shipping.
And now you know why Amazon is growing so fast.

okgc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping