Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
I WILL SHOW YOU MINE... Road service card that is

I am not exactly sure if this is the ''place'' for this but here goes....
I have been with Allstate motor club since back in the 80's. So far I am very pleased with the service provided by these folks but I have ran into a couple of ''issues'' recently and I need everyone's advise on this.
For the past couple of years I have had ''rumblings'' from service providers that they, the provider, was having trouble getting paid for services rendered concerning motor home calls. On more than one occasion when I had a flat or last fall when the tranny died in the coach I spoke with the tow company directly and they informed me that I would have to pay the tow bill and collect from Allstate Motor Club. BULLSQUAT BUB.... I called Allstate back and they provided another tow service that would deal with them directly. I have what is called PREMIUM SERVICE CONTRACT with them which provides UNLIMITED SERVICE CALLS AND UNLIMITED TOWING TO A SERVICE CENTER on any vehicle I am driving even if it is not my vehicle. (stolen cars dont count)...LOL...
Anyhow. I considered changing services but so far Allstate has been able to provide me with service when I need it.
I also realize that there are ''rip off artists'' out there that come to change a flat and tell you that the ''their fee for labor'' is not covered by service contract and you need to ''cough up '' a hundred bucks for his services provided. YEAH SURE........ I will tell you about a situation in Utah that happened to me. It concerned one flat tire, one service provider, Goober, one IMPLIED THREAT to me (yeah sure), my two friends, one named Smith, the strong silent type, and the other one named Wesson, big mouth with six fingers, and one resolution to the problem concerning one service provider (Goober).....(my two friends never entered the kitchen to ''speak their piece''.... they stayed quietly in the back listening .
Disclaimer.....WE LOVE UTAH AND THIS IS THE FIRST ''ASH HOLE'' (a place to deposit campfire ashes) WE HAVE EVER MET OUT THERE. GENERALLY, FOLKS IN UTAH ARE THE GREATEST .........(Goober must have been from somewhere besides Utah)
Anyhow, give me some input please because I really dont want to leave Allstate Road service .....
Note.. I told Allstate about ''Goober'' and our 18 hour wait for service and they refunded me half of my annual dues for that year .........
I, Seajay the sailor man, will pay ten cents for really good advise concerning this subject.
I will pay five cents for good ideas and thoughts on this subject
Drooling and kicking the dirt wont get you anything.......
Seajay the sailor man ....
God bless our troops and bring them home soon and safe....
God bless our vets for their service to this great nation ......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2010, 11:05 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Seajay,
Unfortunately, the organizations we (the customer) pay our dues to all call the same service providers. Me thinks your best bet is to have a service company that provides the service you need, when you need it. The companies have different terms and conditions. You seem to have a company that issues you a contract that fits your needs. About all you can to is what you have already done.

I do have a question for you. My account, with you, is growing. Do you track the each account by forum or is it only one total, by person?
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:21 PM   #3

That would not have been in Beaver, UT, would it? With a service station on the West side of I15?

Been there, done that, protecting my 84 year old dad from same Goober!

//Karl
nuketea7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Gary,
I'd rather own it to him than beat him out of it - don't-cha-think?

Seajay,
If you have had good experience with what ever service you have, there really is no need to change. I recently had a service call while sitting in my driveway. Flat tire on inside dual. I saw where I had road service with Progressive and gave them a call. Great response from them.

I also have used Coach Net in the past and I had good luck with them.

I've heard others that have had Good Sam and have had good luck.

I also have heard some rather troubling stories regarding each, so I really can't say what the problem may be. May have just been a bad attitude check.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:32 PM   #5
JVJ

I also have the Allstate Roadside Assistance program which is also the KOA program. I have maybe used them twice, no problems to report.
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ok guys ,....... listen up ..... (ill type slow so Wayne the Marine can follow along)
It is understood (known) that I, Seajay the sailor man, have in my employ (work for) the accounting (plus and minus stuff) firm of Catchum, Cheatum and Run. This firm handles (take care of ) all my accounts (money stuff) concerning (about) debts to my self (me) and concerning (with) debts owed by myself (me) to others for information (ideas) concerning (with)various (some) other people (folks) here on IRV2 concerning (about) questions that I may ask and offer rewards (good stuff) of cash money the next I meet certain people. It is further (also) known that I, Seajay the sailor man, has on deposit (put away) something less than a quarter million (a bunch of) dimes and half that many nickles with said accounting (plus or minus stuff again) mentioned (said) above and all debts will be settled (took care of) at the end of the physical (365 day thing) year. (you following this Wayne?)
All participants (folks) should receive (get) a balance (owed money) sheet before April 15th so you can file the proper amounts (money got) in their taxes.....LOL....

Seriously guys..... Thanks for all the input on this. I guess I will stay with Allstate because, as someone observed, they all call the same repair services and it is the ''luck of the draw'' as to who you get. I will say again ..... I am very satisfied with Allstate as they have always taken care of me. They told me that if, for some reason, I got stuck with a company that demanded payment from me and then collect from Allstate that they , Allstate, would be glad to pay me .... No problem at all ..............
As to the bad service it was with Johnson Towing. It took them 18 hours to get to me and Goober didnt have the proper tools to do the job. We were ok because we had water and food and we just pulled off the road in a ''equipment unloading area'' , rolled the rooms, ran out the awning, fired the ''scooter'' and cooked supper and enjoyed the desert.......
I want to say this again .... SOME OF THE NICEST FOLKS I HAVE EVER MET ARE IN UTAH. Utah is a wonderful state and I have been there probably ten times and I will go again......

Seajay the sailor man ......
ps. the checks are in the mail for info given.... If you dont get yours call 1 800 U BEN HAD and ask for Gwedo...........LOL.....
Old 04-02-2010, 07:16 PM   #7

Hey Wayne, aren't you gald you were in the Marines, as I was, and we don't have to put up with all that Naval talk anymore!
At least he made a major decision without our direct input,which the navy usually needed.
Think I'll stick with Coach Net and stay out of Utah.
Baby Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Seajay,
Keep on the way you have been posting. Your style is enjoyed. It is not possible to satisfy all readers. Those who do not like your style need not read your posts. As a reader, this would be the courteous position to take. Those with little courtesy will complain and try to change others to suit themselves.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
You are a funny guy, Seajay the Sailorman. Sometimes funny just needs to stand up and make us laugh, with or without anything useful to say. Keep it going, I just had some serious belly-laughs from your last post! I'm sure it will cost me though, how many dimes do I owe you now? Never mind, just keep posting it to my account, you know I'll pay up someday, right?
steelheadbluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Gentlemen, let's keep it civil and not make post directed at one another. What one may say in jest may not be taken in jest by another.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:45 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
thanks for the support guys

I would like to thank you guys for your support in this matter.
I want it understood that I mean NO HARM OR INSULT TO ANYONE on this or any forum on IRV2. I try to submit posts in an ''entertaining manner'' for the enjoyment of all who would care to read my posts. I truly hope that I have not offended anyone and I will apologize forthwith to anyone that I may have offended.
In future I shall endeavor to try to understand what the ''average reader'' wants to read and what ''manner'' of presentation would be most applicable and best accepted by the ''general public'' that may or may not read or look at or ''scan'' or ''skip over'' my posts.
Until then, I will continue to just ''be myself'' and say it as I see it and let the ''chips''' fall where they may.........,,,,,,,,,,,,
Seajay the sailor man....
God bless our troops and bring them home safe and soon ...
God bless our vets for their service to this great nation.......
ps. someone broke in at Cathcum Cheatum and Run and stolt the computer and now all the accounts are messed up.. It seems that the 'get away vehicle'' was a motor home .............. HUMMMMMMMMMMMM?......................
Old 04-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Seajay,
The accounts are messed up! I was hoping to trade my account for free fuel and the Flying J!
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #13

Just a quick vote for Coach-Net. Wednesday night past we had the MH (2004 Ford chassis) just up and die on the roadside; would still start, but absolutely NO power. They called a wrecker and had the MH towed to a safe parking lot ~ 20 mi. (wrecker came from 50 mi. away) as expected. I finally, with the help of forum members, figured out the problem (MAF sensor), fixed it, and resumed travel (I presumed I would have to call them if I needed more help in the AM). Coach-Net called in the AM (7:30) and had arranged for service at the closest Ford dealer (50 mi.) and was ready to have the wrecker pick me up. That is SERVICE and made them a customer for life.
Ernie

Remember! Life is not a rehearsal!
Ernie n Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
THIS THREAD IS DEAD GUYS. Lets move on to bigger and better things on another thread on another topic somewhere else.
Seajay the sailor man.