Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
I wonder how many others

We did a little tailgating this weekend at the University of Nevada. A great time was had by all, and my team, Nevada won against Fresno State. The tanks don't get real full tailgating so I only dump every other tailgating session. So Sunday morning, off I go to my nearest RV park to pay my $7.50 and do the task at hand. Gate valve closed before removing cap? CHECK! Hose attached securely? CHECK! Hose affixed to drain in ground? CHECK! Here we go. I pull the valve and as soon as the...............substance, shall we say reaches the end of the hose, the rock securing it falls off. In a split second the sh** is going everywhere! Michael Jackson would have been proud the way I danced to avoid getting hit! Apparently there was more in the tank than I realized and when it came, BOY OH BOY! did it come. After I got everything under control and rinsed the area thoroughly I had to laugh. Anyone else that feels like getting a good laugh, go ahead. Lesson learned? Heck if I know! I did it the same way I'd done previously without problems. Other learned info? The new chemical I'm using does a good job and liquifying solids.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
That has NOT happened to me......but that's because of stories like yours. I use a sand bag to lay over the hose end. Works great, easy to make.

I think I'd just have to throw away my shoes and clothes that got splattered. health reasons ya know.

Old 10-24-2011, 09:49 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr300ce View Post
That has NOT happened to me......but that's because of stories like yours. I use a sand bag to lay over the hose end. Works great, easy to make.

I think I'd just have to throw away my shoes and clothes that got splattered. health reasons ya know.
Sand bag is a great idea. Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Never had a problem with the Sewer Solution. Maybe you should check it out!
Old 10-24-2011, 09:57 PM   #5

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I use the Blue Line connections and have never had the hose come loose. No sandbag needed either.
Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
love my sanicon.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #7

Face it Wolf Pack --- When you come clean (oops) you just can't win.

Just remember what the bumper sticker says, "Poop Happens" or something like that......
Old 10-24-2011, 11:06 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack Fan View Post
We did a little tailgating this weekend at the University of Nevada. A great time was had by all, and my team, Nevada won against Fresno State. The tanks don't get real full tailgating so I only dump every other tailgating session. So Sunday morning, off I go to my nearest RV park to pay my $7.50 and do the task at hand. Gate valve closed before removing cap? CHECK! Hose attached securely? CHECK! Hose affixed to drain in ground? CHECK! Here we go. I pull the valve and as soon as the...............substance, shall we say reaches the end of the hose, the rock securing it falls off. In a split second the sh** is going everywhere! Michael Jackson would have been proud the way I danced to avoid getting hit! Apparently there was more in the tank than I realized and when it came, BOY OH BOY! did it come. After I got everything under control and rinsed the area thoroughly I had to laugh. Anyone else that feels like getting a good laugh, go ahead. Lesson learned? Heck if I know! I did it the same way I'd done previously without problems. Other learned info? The new chemical I'm using does a good job and liquifying solids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr300ce View Post

Try taking the sewer cap off and get a gift before you get the hose on...
We had been on a trip, went into town and got supplies.....while I was there I parked in the Handicapped Parking spot. (yes I do Have a Handicapped Placard, and yes it was up in the window as described by California Department of Manical Vipers). My wife was sitting in the coach, she said she saw someone walk up the side by the sewer valve.
We can only guess that they pulled the black valve and then pushed it back closed. ( I guess they were mad because I was parked in their parking spot !)

I think I know who it was because I saw them there before we pulled out of the spot because we ate our lunch while we were parked there.

If We Can't Haul It....You Don't Need It ! Motor-T
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:37 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68 View Post
love my sanicon.
+ 1
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
[QUOTE=w6pea;992014]Try taking the sewer cap off and get a gift before you get the hose on...
We had been on a trip, went into town and got supplies.....while I was there I parked in the Handicapped Parking spot. (yes I do Have a Handicapped Placard, and yes it was up in the window as described by California Department of Manical Vipers). My wife was sitting in the coach, she said she saw someone walk up the side by the sewer valve.
We can only guess that they pulled the black valve and then pushed it back closed. ( I guess they were mad because I was parked in their parking spot !)

I think I know who it was because I saw them there before we pulled out of the spot because we ate our lunch while we were parked there.

Darn wicked people......best thing for them is.....spread honey all over them and throw them in a hole with fire ants.
Be sure to tell them why its happening.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #11

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I use the Blue Line connections and have never had the hose come loose. No sandbag needed either.
I'll add: I did have a problem a couple times. When I went to dump I found that someone (I know who) had opened the black tank valve and left it. The cap was on the outlet so I would have gotten a nasty "surprise" if I hadn't found it first. By getting the hose under the outlet and opening the cap slightly to let it flow slowly I averted a mess both times. After that I never left my wet bay unlocked in that private club park. They did finally throw the perp out.

Mr_D is online now   Reply With Quote