Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2012, 01:08 PM   #1

Cool Ideas for flooring

Hey guys,

New to the forums and wanted to get some suggestions from you. My husband and I recently bought a 93 Minnie Winnie which I am dying to remodel. Right now it has tons of blue and is just pretty bland looking. I love the retro/vintage look of the older rvs and want to try to remodel ours to look more like that.

We have two dogs who will be joining us on a majority of our trips and two cats who will coming with us when we move from NJ to AZ. I think the carpet will be too difficult to keep looking clean with all of the animals but that they might slide all around on vinyl/hardwood flooring.

In keeping with the 'retro' look, I've got the crazy idea in my head to use astroturf instead. I know some people use it on the steps or have rugs to use outside but I haven't been able to find anything about it being used for the indoor flooring.

Anyone have any experience with this or is this a crazy idea?
kob917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #2

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We fulltime with a St. Bernard and 2 cats, and a few months ago we pulled out all the carpet and laid down Armstrong vinyl laminate flooring.

The critters have no difficulty with the slipperiness of the floor, and sweeping is much easier than the constant vacuuming.

I personally would not use the Astroturf- it would seem to me that it would be even harder to keep the dog hair out of than carpet.

But then, a MH from 1993 doesn't seem very old or "retro" to me- must mean I'm pretty old myself.

Senior Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior Chief View Post
But then, a MH from 1993 doesn't seem very old or "retro" to me- must mean I'm pretty old myself.

Haha, no I want to make it look more retro. Right now it's pretty boring looking. I saw someone's MH in the vintage part of the forum that I really loved but I can't seem to find it right now. I believe it was from the early 70s.
kob917 is offline   Reply With Quote