Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #1

Ideas for Make Your Own RV Floor Mats

We have a "new to us" 2011 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - I'm unable to find any acceptable floor mats for the front driver and passenger areas.

Someone must have a few ideas & suggestions for Make-Your-Own floor mats for RVs or some similar solution?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2016, 07:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetThisRV View Post
We have a "new to us" 2011 Fleetwood Southwind Class A - I'm unable to find any acceptable floor mats for the front driver and passenger areas.

Someone must have a few ideas & suggestions for Make-Your-Own floor mats for RVs or some similar solution?
We went to Walmart or Target and bought 2 small bathroom rugs that work great and even match the other carpeting in the coach. Something like $8 each and they serve their purpose. The size is 18 x 24.

Old 10-09-2016, 07:37 PM   #3

Another member of this forum posted the they made card board cut-outs of the area and sent it off and had some made. Any good carpet store should be able to make some.
Old 10-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
This is what I installed. http://www.weathertech.com/floor-mats-all-weather/
I bought cheaper ones and they got in the way. These are trim to fit but on mine no trimming required
Old 10-09-2016, 07:51 PM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
I used these. Ruggids RV Door Mat - Black Granite - Prest-O-Fit 2-0480 - Doormats - Camping World They are very rugged. I got the brass eyelets from Harbor Freight and inserted them to line up with the studs that hold the seat pedestals down. I slid them over the seat studs and put a nut on top to hold the mats in place. I think you could also put velcro on the back.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrooks View Post
I used these. Ruggids RV Door Mat - Black Granite - Prest-O-Fit 2-0480 - Doormats - Camping World They are very rugged. I got the brass eyelets from Harbor Freight and inserted them to line up with the studs that hold the seat pedestals down. I slid them over the seat studs and put a nut on top to hold the mats in place. I think you could also put velcro on the back.
I like your idea of the grommets to hold the mats in place. Thanks for sharing.
PHP Code:
[PHP
[/PHP]
Old 10-13-2016, 11:04 PM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
When we bought our new coach, there were carpet pieces (4 of them) cut to fit the steps, the passenger seat and the driver's seat. I took them to a carpet store that added rubber backing and trimmed the edges. They came out really nice and have held up well.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:55 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetThisRV View Post

We found some nice rubber backed rugs at WalMart that fit perfectly in our 2016 Ace. The do the job and look very nice. Perfect fit. Cost? Less that $10 each as best I remember.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMontgomer View Post
We found some nice rubber backed rugs at WalMart that fit perfectly in our 2016 Ace. The do the job and look very nice. Perfect fit. Cost? Less that $10 each as best I remember.
Those would be the same thing we used as mentioned a few posts back.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:11 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
I do on of 2 things. for the steps I cut a piece of carpet to fit and then coat the edges with carpet glue. it keeps them from unraveling. I make several at a time so I can quickly replace them when the get tar on them. I use thinner pile carpet as I can clean with a wet rag several times. the other thing that works is cutting to fit hallway carpet runner. Got to get the heavy stuff, but it will last for years.
Old 10-18-2016, 01:08 PM   #11

Since you want to make them yourself, you could consider a painted floor cloth on a vinyl or canvas base. Any size shape color or pattern that suits your rig. How to ideas on line, like this one http://www.addicted2decorating.com/diy-project-hand-painted-floor-cloth.html
Old 10-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Bought regular door welcome mat sized rugs from HD. Got a nice design that matched the coach. Not a perfect fit, but close enough.