Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2011, 01:57 AM   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinful View Post
its still his fault
It's Opec's fault...maybe the American people will get smart and start a food cartel and we can trade food for oil.
jimbo16720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-20-2011, 02:13 AM   #254

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo16720 View Post
It's Opec's fault...maybe the American people will get smart and start a food cartel and we can trade food for oil.
Already do...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:20 AM   #255

National RV Owners Club
$5.00 Gas, I'll stay local or just camp in the Driveway, go around the block and park back in the Driveway and pretend. I already do my own maintenance thats saves for Gas Money.... not that I like the $5.00 per Gal. We need to drill in the USA , we have enough Oil to last a long time.
Warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:38 AM   #256

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
How much of a factor is China's demand and usage increase causing us to pay so much more here???? I am starting to pay more attn to what I buy, made in China??? assembled in China?? product of China???? No more if I can help it.

Agree with you 100% on this one for sure............. we now watch the same thing..... and make all attempts to buy Made in America
Old 02-20-2011, 06:12 AM   #257

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldChief7155 View Post
Lift the ban on drilling in the USA and see how far and quickly the prices will fall.

Totally Agree with your Statement !!!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 AM   #258

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinful View Post
its still his fault
So were WWII and the Civil War.

2002 Itasca Suncruiser - WH Chassis - 35U - 2006 Jeep Liberty
hamguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:40 AM   #259

Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warden View Post
Totally Agree with your Statement !!!
You actually think that the oil companies will sell cheap just because it's drilled in the USA? Dream on. I'd rather we take the time and money to develop alternative clean energy sources to eventually stop the use of oil and in the meantime continue to environmentally trash the middle east and not our own country. See what OPEC can get for oil when no one needs it anymore.
offthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #260

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
And, don't forget Global Warming.
HoboPals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:14 AM   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
I have a hangnail and sore feet - surely I can blame that on him too...
Gary - K7GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #262

I think California will easily see $5.00 per gallon, and it won't take until the end of 2012. Two summers ago, we hit a high of $4.60 for regular unleaded, $4.80 for premium unleaded. We tend to run .25 - .45 cents a gallon higher then the national average.

We hit peak oil production a few years ago, but the demand, with China, is higher than ever. China can, and will, be willing to pay a higher price to get the fuel they need. Anyone who doesn't think we'll see $5.00 per gallon, or more, sooner, rather than later, is in for a big surprise.

It will affect us RV'ing, but other then making cuts in our budget in other places, not much I can do about it. No choice but to pay the man.
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:39 AM   #263

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by denochs View Post
I'll worry about $5 a gal fuel when it gets here. On second thought, I won't even worry then.
Crazy Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #264

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post
You actually think that the oil companies will sell cheap just because it's drilled in the USA? Dream on. I'd rather we take the time and money to develop alternative clean energy sources to eventually stop the use of oil and in the meantime continue to environmentally trash the middle east and not our own country. See what OPEC can get for oil when no one needs it anymore.
If we open up drilling, or even just pretend to, OPEC will have no choice but to drop the price per barrel. We prolly wont see much drop in the price of gas, however, because we still wont have the refineries to make it .

Even if OPEC holds fast, we'll just sell our oil to China cheaper, which will eventually make OPEC drop the price..But the actual price of oil will drop...
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:08 PM   #265

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was watching a program on the GREEN Channel, about oil exploration in North Dakota, maybe South Dakota......anyway they were claiming there was so much oil there that the US should not be dependent on any foreign oil.

Anyway in the oil embargo of 1974 the oil companies said that if they were allowed to drill for oil in Alaska, we would never have to buy foreign oil again. Sounds like bovine excrement to me, why did the price of gasoline start going up again now? Political greed is my guess. What needs to happen is people quit buying it, but you and I all know that will never happen. Where I live we are supposedly in a water shortage, people conserve and the water utilities say that they are going bankrupt so they need to raise the price of water, but they still pay the CEO's obscene amounts of money and raise the rates anyway.
"Semper Fi"
w6pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 03:25 AM   #266

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by offthewall View Post

Now I will also agree on this as well, just the USA has to invest in this and help. Alternative clean energy sources is a Great Idea.... I can't go against that at all.