Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2017, 08:28 PM   #15

When somebody invents a hydrogen producing machine that you can put in your yard and runs off of solar, then you will see hydrogen fuel cell vehicles take off. Until then, the cost of the electricity to separate the H from the O is too much to be cost effective.

It's a neat idea but not cost effective. Sort of like solar panels for residential use.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2017, 10:15 PM   #16

Let's have a little positive attitude. I can just hear the know it all in the Stone Age saying that silly wheel you have made will only work downhill, forget about ever using it uphill. How about the guy that said, alternating current, you have to be kidding only DC will ever work in homes. They were right weren't they.
This technology will advance and be implemented, maybe not in this exact format. I for one welcome the positive changes from new technology.
I like using my I PAD rather than a quill pen.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via Skype™ to JJH3rd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post
When somebody invents a hydrogen producing machine that you can put in your yard and runs off of solar, then you will see hydrogen fuel cell vehicles take off. Until then, the cost of the electricity to separate the H from the O is too much to be cost effective.

It's a neat idea but not cost effective. Sort of like solar panels for residential use.
RVs typically have a large amount of 'unused' roof space so why not put solarl pannels on the roof and the H2O splitter in the basement?

You could even sell the O or use it yourself as needed.
JJH3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #18

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badlands Bob View Post

I remember reading an article about a smaller European nation (Netherlands?) that was in the planning stage for solar produced hydrogen but of course I can't find it now. It wasn't going to sit in your yard, but it was fueling stations along major roads. This article has some of the same info.

We're One Step Closer to Creating Hydrogen Gas from Solar Energy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
okmunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis