Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #57

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I find it interesting that in 55 posts and being asked a number of times, that the OP will not name the Park in question.
It always questions the validity of the claim when the offender will not be named. Perhaps the title should be " What would you do if this happened to you !"

Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
It always questions the validity of the claim when the offender will not be named. Perhaps the title should be " What would you do if this happened to you !"
I always question the validity of a claim especially when the campground is named unless the cg owner can voice his side of the story. But that is not allowed so there ya go.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:05 PM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck 1935 View Post
I find it interesting that in 55 posts and being asked a number of times, that the OP will not name the Park in question.
The O.P.'s question was asked and answered to his complete satisfaction more than twenty posts ago...
He states very clearly that he may have overreacted, and may want to return to the Park..."outing" it by name certainly wouldn't help him in that regard.

Here's a "refresher" of his statement, as it continues to appear:

Original Poster's Post #35 :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startech View Post
I have been debating whether to disclose the place or not. Like another post suggested, now that I think it would do no harm to sign the form as written, I may give time for heads to cool and try to return at a later time. The location of the park is very convenient for me. Maybe the owner or manager was just having a bad day. Also, after some research, it seems a few of the members of this forum frequent this park and have enjoyed their stay.

This thread has taught me something that I did not know and that is you can't contract away stupidity or negligence. If a park you know nothing about, tries to do that, then maybe its not worth the risk.

Finally, yes there has been differing opinions though out this thread and that is what is so great about forums. You get the full spectrum and may see something a different way upon realization. So again, thank ALL of you for your input.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #60

Gulf Streamers Club
Indemnity-I was refused entry at this resort

This thread has gone on for 60 posts and no one has mentioned the title of the thread is wrong and misleading. He was NOT denied entry to the resort. He went in, registered, set up, spent the night, THEN was ASKED TO LEAVE. Not denied, asked to leave.

Why? because he tried to unilaterally change the rental agreement. I aree the conditions are ridiculous, you can't sign all those limitations to your rights away before something happens. If a park maintenance person cuts your hose or power cord mowing the lawn, no sane park owner would get into the 'pi$$ing match' and legal circus that could ensue. By far the best business practice would be to replace the damaged property to the customer's satisfaction.

These small print contracts are boiler plate legalese that try to 'pre-intimidate' you in case of an incident. "You can't sue, you signed the agreement." It's nonsense and seldom stops people from suing if so inclined, or truly wronged.

Trying to amend the rental agreement as the OP did sends a red flag to the park owner that here's someone that nitpicks. They might be trying to set me up to sue by slipping on the pool deck, tripping in a pothole, etc. Why should the park owner open themselves up to such headaches? Here's your money back and there's the exit.

60 posts? I don't see it.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #61

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
This thread has gone on for 60 posts and no one has mentioned the title of the thread is wrong and misleading. He was NOT denied entry to the resort. He went in, registered, set up, spent the night, THEN was ASKED TO LEAVE. Not denied, asked to leave.

Why? because he tried to unilaterally change the rental agreement. I aree the conditions are ridiculous, you can't sign all those limitations to your rights away before something happens. If a park maintenance person cuts your hose or power cord mowing the lawn, no sane park owner would get into the 'pi$$ing match' and legal circus that could ensue. By far the best business practice would be to replace the damaged property to the customer's satisfaction.

These small print contracts are boiler plate legalese that try to 'pre-intimidate' you in case of an incident. "You can't sue, you signed the agreement." It's nonsense and seldom stops people from suing if so inclined, or truly wronged.

Trying to amend the rental agreement as the OP did sends a red flag to the park owner that here's someone that nitpicks. They might be trying to set me up to sue by slipping on the pool deck, tripping in a pothole, etc. Why should the park owner open themselves up to such headaches? Here's your money back and there's the exit.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:03 PM   #62

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgetown350 View Post
I always question the validity of a claim especially when the campground is named unless the cg owner can voice his side of the story. But that is not allowed so there ya go.
I suppose if the Campground chose to monitor this web site and saw his Campground name pop up, he in fact could respond. That would be the fairest scenerio.
Better yet if the offended party were to tell the Campground owner that he was going to post on here thus giving the CG owner a fair shot at defending his stance.

In this OP post I don't think the OP wanted to screw up his chances of getting back into the Park after everything cooled down.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #63

On APEXSPEED.com there's a buyer/seller feedback section of the forum. Most of the time the comments are for good service, but if not - you get tried in the court of public opinion. Most people use this as a last resort.

Considering that a negative post on that forum will be seen by probably 50% or more of the hard-core open wheel road racing community, and since there's a lot of cash business, stuff bought with just a picture, etc, folks learn real fast to address the situation when someone has a beef with you.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:28 AM   #64

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca View Post
The O.P.'s question was asked and answered to his complete satisfaction more than twenty posts ago...
He states very clearly that he may have overreacted, and may want to return to the Park..."outing" it by name certainly wouldn't help him in that regard.

Here's a "refresher" of his statement, as it continues to appear:

Original Poster's Post #35 :
Thank you Francesca

It really does not matter what the name of the CG is. Its the one that shoves the indemnity clause for you to sign after you have filled with their LP, unloaded your car off the hauler and stored your hauler way in the back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post

Agreed, I was asked to leave as described in the first post. I tried to Edit this but dont have the "Edit" option. So I would like to ask a moderator to fix the title please.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:27 AM   #65
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Title changed.

Just a note. The best and fastest way to contact iRV2's staff is to use the 'Contact Us' links at the top and bottom of every page.

Quote:
Agreed, I was asked to leave as described in the first post. I tried to Edit this but dont have the "Edit" option. So I would like to ask a moderator to fix the title please.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #66

my thought exactly, a worthless piece of paper in front of a judge. if there is negligence that paper is full of holes. wouldnt hold up, no way no how. Matter of fact judges like to stick it to folks takin the power of the law into their own hands, and they show them just how little "power" they truly have. I would have signed it, stayed, and if negligence occurred that was necessary to sue, take it to court. JMO Sandy of Sandy n John
Old 11-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #67

Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Title changed.

Just a note. The best and fastest way to contact iRV2's staff is to use the 'Contact Us' links at the top and bottom of every page.
Thanks much, I started to use the "report post" button, but saw that button was for " reporting spam, advertising messages, and problematic " posts. Any idea why I can't see an "edit" option?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Texas Boomers Club
The Edit feature is only available for the first hour (IIRC) after one makes a post.

Rusty
2014.5 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA #6972
Come join us on a TEXAS BOOMERS rally!
RustyJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:16 PM   #69
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Mods don't read every post and questions regarding forum issues should be made using the "Contact Us" links or posting in the "Forum Issues" forum to get a timely answer. Rusty is correct.

Quote:
Thanks much, I started to use the "report post" button, but saw that button was for " reporting spam, advertising messages, and problematic " posts. Any idea why I can't see an "edit" option?

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:35 PM   #70

I think it would be nice to know the name, or at least know if they have this statement on their website so you know what you're going to have to agree to when you get there. It would be a shame for someone who takes issue with such a statement to make a reservation, get there and then find out that they have to sign this paper, refuse and lose a deposit.

Being evicted is one thing, but refusing to follow through on your reservation might be reason to keep a deposit, if one was required.

In all reality, though, if this statement is actually worth less than the paper it is written on, I have to wonder why the campground owner reacted the way they did. I'd have to assume that they discussed this with legal representation to develop this waiver in the first place, I'd have figured the lawyer would know.