Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2019, 08:07 AM   #15

Tiffin Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
We don't like the convection oven for roasted veggies. Dries them out too much. But I haven't seen any newer makes or models that still offer a conventional oven. GE does offer one that has convection, conventional, & microwave, (we have one in S&B) but I haven't tried to retrofit one into MH, yet.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2019, 10:20 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Only drawback to our microwave/convection oven is its size - smaller than the propane oven - won't take a 13x9 baking dish...
Dave RVM#66 and Carol
1998 Pace Arrow Vision
Seeing the USA - 200 miles at a time
daveandcarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 11:42 AM   #17

Just take a small toaster oven and store it in the cabinet.
tap4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:11 PM   #18

I have had two MH in last 4 1/2 yrs. have used the oven "maybe" 2-3 x's...it is used for storage now and thinking about taking out and making more drawers etc.
Old 12-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Induction Cooktops & Baking????

To often people say “my rv has no oven” , it just has a cooktop and a convection MICROWAVE.
Honestly after using a convection oven the old house for over 20 years I don’t get it. I think people hear the word Microwave and stop. A convection oven heats. It heats to at least 425 degrees which is plenty to bake. “convection” just means there is a fan that blows the hot air around the food cooking it more quickly , yes. Most function as ovens or microwave not both at the same time.
The more expensive ones can do both together ( cooking some items very quickly ) but that requires more power than 120 to do both effectively.
The comment I’ve heard many say in the past “my all electric rv has no oven” in most cases is incorrect. I submit it has a oven .. and electric oven , that can double as a microwave.
A convection requires some modification to cook times, a little learning curve but for every deficiency there are many positives... faster , more thorough heating etc.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandcarol View Post
Only drawback to our microwave/convection oven is its size - smaller than the propane oven - won't take a 13x9 baking dish...
If baking is important to someone, it is worth it to check the specifics of the convection/microwave. Mime is a Sharp, and it holds a 9x13” pan just fine, though I do have to turn the turntable off.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 09:43 AM   #21

We have the Induction Cook Top and Convection/Microwave and use the Convection side all the time for just about anything you would use a Gas Oven for.
2018 Silverado 3500HD High Country Dually 4x4 Duramax/Allison, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Disc Brakes, Mor/ryde IS, Sailun 17.5" H tires, 5.5K Onan, Dual ACs, auto level, auto sat dish, stacked washer/dryer, residential fridge, King sleep number. Michelle & Ann
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 10:50 AM   #22

We a propane stove has 3 burners on the cooktop and an oven that we use at least once a week. We have a microwave oven and a small toaster oven and both get used almost every day. We have an outdoor grill that gets used 4-5 times a week. I think we would take a pass on any coach without a propane stove with oven or a propane fridge.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 10:06 AM   #23

After I posted this I thought about the convection being used, I know some are scared of them and won't even go near them. I see the people reporting here aren't afraid of them! I flew for 31 years and used the convection on the jet so I'm not afraid of them, just a matter of getting reacquainted with them. I can see a propane or convection being convenient for those rainy days when it's to crappy that you can't cook out. Thanks for the input, and feel free to keep it going.
TajMahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:30 PM   #24

My biggest problem with the convection microwave is that I am short and I dislike reaching over my head for hot items. We do still use the oven, and my husband retrieves the hot items. I do find there are times when I want both the oven and microwave functions, so we also bring along a toaster oven.
mjd190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:41 PM   #25

In addition to our 3 burner propane cooktop, we have a microwave/convection above the cooktop that we only use as a microwave to keep it clean as well as a countertop Breville convection oven for baking and broiling. But our coach has 9' of countertop so there is room for it all.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajMahal View Post
After I posted this I thought about the convection being used, I know some are scared of them and won't even go near them. I see the people reporting here aren't afraid of them! I flew for 31 years and used the convection on the jet so I'm not afraid of them, just a matter of getting reacquainted with them. I can see a propane or convection being convenient for those rainy days when it's to crappy that you can't cook out. Thanks for the input, and feel free to keep it going.
Why would someone be afraid of a convection oven? It's just a toaster oven with a fan and better heat control.
aether_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #27

Our small TT doesn't have an oven, just a 2 burner propane cooktop and a microwave.
We bought a small convection toaster oven. Works great for just the 2 of us!
Old 12-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #28

I use my lodge brand camping Dutch oven a whole bunch with kingsford or lump coals or leftover campfire coals.
I swear you have never had better biscuits or pot roast with carrots ,onions and taters
I know its not doable everywhere per time and fire restrictions.
I do miss my LP ovens with more burners that I had in my big old pop up then the TT.
I'm mostly dry camping and running my 3000w inv. genny here and there.So I don't use the conv.micro oven.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote