Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #15

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selah2 View Post
We bought a Rapid Chef set that we have used for two years full timing. We are very pleased with the small space taken up with the nesting feature and the ease of clean up. You might want to price shop at marine websites for galley ware in case you can get better pricing. We bought from this company without problem.
Rapid Chef the Supercooker, Pressure Cooker Pressure Fryer | 16pc Rapid Chef Nesting Cookware | Pro-Selections
What Selah2 said +1!

The Fagor Classic pressure cooker that I use on my induction hob is the result of watching Pro-Selections' sales presentations for many years at fairs, gun shows, and boat shows as a kid!

They have been in business promoting cookware for marine and RV use for my whole lifetime.

The first time I actually saw an induction cooktop in action was during one of their Supercooker, (my Fagor Classic pressure cooker/pressure fryer), demonstrations while at the Pomona fair in CA with my dad many years ago. They very quickly heat it up on the induction hob, then manually de-pressurize it to demonstrate how safe it is!
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have a IKEA near by, you can find induction ready cookware there as well. Reasonably priced too.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:55 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Thanks folks! I appreciate all the info! That Magma set looks nice, but is there a skillet in it that I'm not seeing?
There is a skillet....it's the top piece that's upside down. It has an attachment for the skillet handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pots.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	94240  
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I also purchased the matching colander that can nest with the 10 piece Magma Set.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colander.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	94241  
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 12:07 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Inspect your pots...we're on our third attempt to get a set of Magma Ceramica Coated Nesting Pots. The first two sets had a dent that damaged the ceramica coating on the inside. Magma has a manufacturing problem with their current batch of product. Of course they blame Amazon for causing the damage. Funny...the packaging is in pristine condition. I cannot believe that stainless steel dents so easily as to happen without scratching the cardboard carton.

Good luck getting an acceptable set of Magma Nesting Pots...
Old 01-19-2016, 12:57 PM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by genesimmons View Post
Any metal pot will work cast iron etc and look for induction cookware search online and look in stores like Williams &Sonoma
NOT TRUE.. Aluminum will not work, Copper will not work, Stainless steel might or might not work, Cast iron works well.

The rule is this.. Or rather let me tell you of the implementation.

My Induction cooker came with a "Refrigerator Magnet" type magnet, one of those flexible plastic things.

Instructions say to take magnet to store, stick on pot, if it sticks and hold. BUY, if it falls off Hang back on rack.

Testing: If the magnet sticks it COOKS

If the magnet falls off E-6 Non Ferromagnetic Pan.

And that, is the final word (The error code if the magnet falls off)

REMOVE MAGNET BEFORE COOKING.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:59 PM   #21
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We bought a set of the Duxtop cookware. We haven't tried it yet but it looks like really good quality! We also bought a Farberware small double-boiler for Annette to melt her chocolate for those peanut butter balls that I can't seem to stay away from!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 05:19 AM   #22

When we first went with induction, we purchased one of those discs you place on the cooktop to be able to use any cookware you want. It worked with all the pots & pans we had. We slowly replaced all of them with induction cookware.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 08:18 PM   #23

I bought DW a set of T-fal Professional cookware for $86 from Amazon. Only the Professional series is induction-ready.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 02:30 AM   #24

We bought a new set of pots and pans from Sam's Club to go with our induction cooker. Real nice name brand, I just can't remember what it is; copper clad with the induction bottom. Works well. The problem we had with stainless steel was that it warps. Probably not a problem with high-end cookware.
RangeMaggotBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 04:24 AM   #25

+1 on Magma cook set. We've had ours for 3 years and love it!
Dranoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #26
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I bought DW a set of T-fal Professional cookware for $86 from Amazon. Only the Professional series is induction-ready.
WOW! Wish I had found that before we bought the Duxtop! That's about half the price we paid!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:06 PM   #27

When buying any cookware for any RV, it is important to remember that the convection/microwave unit can't accept pots or pans with handles and still let the turntable rotate.

Many like to finish a stove top dish in the oven. The Magma units allow this because the handles can be removed. I don't know of any others that allow this.

Good Luck!
Wil
wil01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil01 View Post
When buying any cookware for any RV, it is important to remember that the convection/microwave unit can't accept pots or pans with handles and still let the turntable rotate.

Many like to finish a stove top dish in the oven. The Magma units allow this because the handles can be removed. I don't know of any others that allow this.

Good Luck!
Wil
That's why the turntable may be turned off in our microwave/convection unit. DW bakes a cake in ours, the 10"x14" rectangular pan barely fits in there.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote