Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #43
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Joe.....I added the True Induction unit to my coach. I wired in an outlet box under my sink with an outlet for the True Induction plug and a switch in the second hole that turns the outlet on and off. I didn't want the True Induction unit to be on all the time because it's easy to touch the switch and inadvertently turn it on.

I installed the counter depth model in the opening where my two burner propane cooktop was located.

Here is a photo of how I installed the outlet box with a switch under the sink. I just open the cabinet door under the sink, reach in. and turn it on.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #44
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Joe.....I added the True Induction unit to my coach. I wired in an outlet box under my sink with an outlet for the True Induction plug and a switch in the second hole that turns the outlet on and off. I didn't want the True Induction unit to be on all the time because it's easy to touch the switch and inadvertently turn it on.

I installed the counter depth model in the opening where my two burner propane cooktop was located.

Here is a photo of how I installed the outlet box with a switch under the sink. I just open the cabinet door under the sink, reach in. and turn it on.

Good job Don! I would have loved to use the recessed model like that, but there was a HUGE problem with doing it in our coach!

The recessed area for the gas cooktop was about 18" front to back, and the counter insert model was only about 15" ! I couldn't figure out any way to fill the extra space and make it look good. Also, Annette wanted to still use the covers to have that additional counter space when not using the cooktop.

We're looking forward to using the new cooktop. She hated the gas cooktop!

Luckily, there is already an AC outlet under the counter behind the sink!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #45
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming! I've been doing a LOT of research on this and right now we're leaning towards the set below, and the added double-boiler she wants for making candy!

Amazon.com: Duxtop Whole-Clad Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Induction Ready Premium Cookware 10-Pc Set: Kitchen & Dining

Farberware® Classic Series II Stainless Steel 2-Quart Covered Sauce Pan and Double Boiler Insert - BedBathandBeyond.com

Any comments on these?

We ordered these yesterday! Just got tired of researching, and the cookware sets has excellent reviews, 4 1/2 stars out of 5 from over 300 reviews!

Old 12-15-2015, 01:34 PM   #46

I have the Circulon for my new home (which came with an induction cooktop) but it looks like there are a lot of great options.

Anybody have an induction double-burner griddle they like? I've been scouring the internet and can't find one. It must be non-stick though, which rules out cast iron.

I'm so frustrated I may just get an electric one!
MonkeyClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #47

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Put Magnet in pocket. To to stores. my favorite is The Kitchen Collection which you can find in like Tanger outlet malls. (some of them) and other outlet malls (Some of them) In the old days it was Kitchen Glamor but alas they closed (next door to my dentist,, Ok, well there is a downside).

IF you like it, and magnet sticks, BUY
Other stores Pennies. Sears, and such Even Wal*Mart though the seleciton is lower there. But take magnet with you.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #48
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
We got the Duxtop induction cookware set, haven't tried it yet, but it looks like really good quality!

We have not been able to find a square stainless-steel griddle, 10" or less! Anybody have any ideas? We have done a Google search, and searched all the stores we can think of!

Old 12-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #49
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Joe, we had one for a time but it was just not very useful. The small diameter only allowed one or two small pancakes at a time. It was impossible to fry an egg or anything that might run off the edge.

We still have our propane stove but it is kept covered 99.9% of the time. We use the portable inductions cookers. You setup is beautiful but we wanted to hang on to that option.

So instead of using a griddle we use a high quality electric skillet. Not the cheapies that have uneven heat. Cooking three or four decent size pancakes is easy. Cooking bacon is fast and even and with the tilt stand the grease flows to one end and easily poured out with the pouring lip. Eggs can be cooked at one end with the oil held in that area with a tiny bit of tilting while pancakes are delivered with perfection and no grease. The induction plates can be used at the same time if I want to have multiple items going.

Just saying, my griddle was a waste of time.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:20 PM   #50
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Joe, we had one for a time but it was just not very useful. The small diameter only allowed one or two small pancakes at a time. It was impossible to fry an egg or anything that might run off the edge.

We still have our propane stove but it is kept covered 99.9% of the time. We use the portable inductions cookers. You setup is beautiful but we wanted to hang on to that option.

So instead of using a griddle we use a high quality electric skillet. Not the cheapies that have uneven heat. Cooking three or four decent size pancakes is easy. Cooking bacon is fast and even and with the tilt stand the grease flows to one end and easily poured out with the pouring lip. Eggs can be cooked at one end with the oil held in that area with a tiny bit of tilting while pancakes are delivered with perfection and no grease. The induction plates can be used at the same time if I want to have multiple items going.

Just saying, my griddle was a waste of time.
The griddle we're looking for would probably be called a griddle pan, because it has a lip all the way around, just very low.

Old 01-03-2016, 05:16 PM   #51
NRF

Monaco Owners Club
I bought into the TV variety "precision induction cooktop" (portable). Our dog shivers when we turn it on and we can't use it when he is around. That 2-for1 offer didn't help matters... Others, I hear, have ringing in their ears after using induction cooktops. Anyone else heard of any of these two problems?
Old 01-03-2016, 07:36 PM   #52

Fleetwood Owners Club
My dog shivers too , he thinks he's getting dinner .. The only ringing I get is if My wife whacks me with a frying pan