Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2015, 09:01 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Induction cookware, AGAIN!

We have ordered the True Induction double burner cooktop and now have to decide on cookware. None of our present cookware is induction compatible!

We looked at the Magma nesting set, but don't like the interchangeable handles. The nesting sounds nice, but don't think it's for us.

The Duxtop set REALLY appeals to us, but Annette would like to go to a store and look and feel it before buying.

What are your current recommendations? Thanks as always!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 09:22 AM   #2
YC1

I take a magnet to the store and if it sticks, it works. I hated giving up our fancy pots and pans.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #3

Congratulations! You are finding one of the many reasons I have no interest in switching to induction cooking.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Agree that you need to take a magnet to the store to check it out. There is usually a marking on the bottom that looks like a squiggly 8. I use Green Pans cookware and love it. You can buy sets and individual pieces. I have used them for 4 years and they still look new. Do not buy hard anodized Pans. They don't work.
Melmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:09 PM   #5

Cast iron pans work great.
Afubar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:15 PM   #6

Joe, this is what my DW purchased recently. Amazon.com: Cook N Home 10 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set with Encapsulated Bottom, Large, Silver: Home & Kitchen

Certainly not the best but she is happy and the price is right. Karen has had no issues with food sticking.

You are going to really like the induction cooktop.
osok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
We have ordered the True Induction double burner cooktop and now have to decide on cookware. None of our present cookware is induction compatible!

We looked at the Magma nesting set, but don't like the interchangeable handles. The nesting sounds nice, but don't think it's for us.

The Duxtop set REALLY appeals to us, but Annette would like to go to a store and look and feel it before buying.

What are your current recommendations? Thanks as always!
DW bought the Duxtop set and says it is a great.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:47 PM   #8
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming! I've been doing a LOT of research on this and right now we're leaning towards the set below, and the added double-boiler she wants for making candy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

Farberware® Classic Series II Stainless Steel 2-Quart Covered Sauce Pan and Double Boiler Insert - BedBathandBeyond.com

Any comments on these?
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #9

It very much depends on how you cook. I carry 10" and 12" Anolon Nouvelle Copper non-stick fry pans, and 3, 4 and 5 quart Tramontina Tri-Ply Stainless pans with stainless lids. I carry a single 10" cast iron skillet with a glass lid. I expect nearly every pan to be usable in the oven as well as the stove, which means no plastic or rubber parts. Only the cast iron goes on the camp fire.

One thing that I think would be an improvement is to have glass lids for the stainless pans, so can see what's happening and adjust the heat setting without removing the lid. Cuisinart looks pretty good for that, but I haven't bought any yet because the handles are a bit slim for my fat hands.

We recently replaced an 11-year-old Advantium oven in the S&B with a over-the-range GE Profile convection microwave. After a few months of use, we decided to buy two more of them for the MH and our guest apartment. It has a cooking mode that uses convection and microwave at the same time (cooks a whole chicken, in parts, in 35 minutes) so we'll be carrying a few glass baking dishes specifically for that use.

Mike
2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40PBD
Freghtliner XC, CAT 3126B
Old 12-11-2015, 02:25 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought a set of IKEA pans that are induction rated and the price was reasonable. Have been using them 2 years and are happy with them.
TN Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 02:38 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Thanks for the comments! Keep them coming! I've been doing a LOT of research on this and right now we're leaning towards the set below, and the added double-boiler she wants for making candy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...k_ql_qh_dp_hza

Farberware® Classic Series II Stainless Steel 2-Quart Covered Sauce Pan and Double Boiler Insert - BedBathandBeyond.com

Any comments on these?
That's the set the DW got.
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 03:01 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Agree the magma is marine -rv oriented . I don't think I would care for them in the home .. Love our set in the rv though .. You will have a large choice of cookware to use in the home or the rv from many places . Bed bath and beyond, Ikea , Various gourmet stores in the malls and less expensive pans from walmart and k mart . If you like nonstick that can be found too . We have the ' Emerill ' brand that was purchased from BB and B several years ago and a couple of nice non stick acquired from Ikea .. All used in the home ..
Good stuff is not hard to find these days . Duxtop was mentioned , I think I'll check them out , sounds nice
Old 12-11-2015, 03:48 PM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
Cool

If you want the best [and who doesn't], get All-Clad.
Dr. Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 04:08 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Go to the store and buy pans you like. You can use pans for more than one thing so you can buy individual pieces to fit your needs and also the storage space you have for them.

We have found several pans at Costco. The Kirkland pans we purchased are definitely up to the job.

I have not tried it yet but our induction top goes down to 100. I think the temperature is pretty close so it will be interesting to try stuff like candy.