Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
Inflatable Pool at camp?

Has anyone used a small inflatable pool at a campground that did not have a pool but had water at the individual RV sites? I'm not sure if this would be seen as a waste of water or would cause issues. Its going to be hot this next weekend and I know the kids would enjoy it more but didn't want to cause any fuss. Thanks.

Harlee79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
What do you plan to do with the water when it's time to break camp?

Craig & Donna
2005 Beaver Monterey Laguna IV (aka The Hotel Monterey)
2011 Jeep Liberty Limited
Craig_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #3
Put out the camp fire I hope.
Ben Wills
JBwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #4
Call the campground and ask. That would be the easiest way to find out. 8-)
03 chevy tahoe and a tent for now
Eric_H_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #5
Sounds like a not so desirable thing to me. After you are done, the next person assigned to the site would have to deal with the dead grass spot where the pool was and the mud from the water you dumped.
jzick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:40 AM   #6
A lot of campgrounds (most?) don't even want you to use enough water to wash your coach. I'm betting the pool would be the same way in their eyes?
1997 37' HR Endeavor, 275hp Cat, Freightliner
03 CR-V Blue Ox, Ready Brake
ahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have found that after a few hours of kids jumping in and out of those pools they become very dirty. Also the water becomes very warm if in the sun.
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
How big a pool? A day or two on the grass shouldn't really hurt it. If there is pavement, put it on there. Can only let your own kids in, no chemicals so not for "public". Dump it a few hours before you leave and it will be plenty dry for the next camper. Maybe the camp will allow if you offer to pay a small fee for the "extra" water. Don't know how old the kids are - can't let them be screaming in the pool.

Kathryn . . . still lurking and learning!

"Wise men still seek Him..."
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
To me it falls into the (don't ask don't tell) category. Assuming it is reasonable size just do it. I bet no one cares.
TombstoneJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #10
I don't see a problem as long as when you empty it it doesn't run into your neighbors camp.I think its great you are doing something with your kids and most people get old and forget they were kids too at one time.
TdogKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
LOL! Reminds me of a PARTY campout we used to do 10 years ago. Every 3 months we would go to a privately owned campground and do crazy stuff. One said outing, I set up an inflatable pool that had a pump, but plumbed in a heat exchanger to make it a hot tub. Homemade heat exchanger was a old car heater core dropped into a large crab boil pot.
Bob and sometimes - Nina - a Staffordshire Terrier/a SPOILED pit and her kitty Spaz
2006 Dodge SLT 2500 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab w/AT and 3.73
2007 Salem Sport LE 26FBSRV (TH) w/ my Victory Motorcycle in it or a EZ GO Shuttle cart.
NFlcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #12
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
On concrete would hurt.. ow.

I tried to put one of those up once.. between the raccoons, squirrels, and cats all thinking it a huge water dish and poking holes in it every friggin night, it was great..
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
National RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Barbara S.
I have seen several small pools set up and it never seemed to be a problem. Last month there was one right next to me and the 3 little girls had a blast playing in it. It was set up on a patio rug so grass didn't get in it and it was in the shade. Looks like it worked great to me. I didn't see where they emptied the water when they left but I'm sure any of the grass or trees would appreciate it. I would check with the campground manager before setting it up, but if they say "ok" then go ahead and enjoy!
Barbara Spade
Jaymie (Sheltie/Pom) and Luke (Sheltie/mix)
35' Sea View (Class A) MH & Honda CR-V toad.
Good Sam Charter Life member/FMCA/SI/Escapees/Thousand Trails
Barbara S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:19 PM   #14
This would be a very small pool for a 4 and 7 year old and I would drain it at the end of the day to keep the grass from dying or anything like that. I appreciate all your comments, i just want the kids to be able to be outside even when the heat is blazing. thanks again.

Harlee79 is offline   Reply With Quote