Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #1

Question Information about Classy Cassis Trucks

Good evening everyone,
I came across a magazine article reviewing the above company. Has anyone heard of them or bought one of there products. They specialize in creating/building custom aluminum storage beds for Campers and Fifth wheel trucks. Removing the factory truck beds and selling them. They specialize in mainly HD Chevy and Dodge 3500's along with Ford's F-350's bigger. I like the idea of having extra storage on my truck, but I believe this would decrease your Trucks GVWR and decrease your towing limit weight for safely towing your fifth wheel or upgrading later.
I am planing on using a Dodge 3500 Laramie Maga Cab 6.7L Diesel Dually. Towing a 30' Jay Co Eagle Fifth Wheel. Anyway to end this long story, i have tried to find customer reviews on line about the company and could only find Two dated in 05 both rated at 5 *****. What do you you think.
Thanks for your time.

Scotty14

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
I haden't heard of their name till now. Now that is see what it is I like the looks of it very much.
If you are concerend about being close on the wieght limmits then you really need to move up a notch or 2 on you truck size choice.
I'd defintly look at the Dodge 4500 or the Ford 450s over the 3500s or F-350s.

(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
KZ RV Club
I had a good look and chat with the guys from Classy Chassis at the Tampa RV show last January. I found them to be very helpful and informative.

While there I had a very close look at one of their F-450's, and was impressed. Beyong the hauler bed, they put a package in to spruce up the interior. The bed itself was very solidly built, and cleanly welded. There was loads of storage compartments in the one I fiddled with, as well as an extended fuel tank. As I recall the truck had a total of about 90 gallons. (Yes, nightmare come fillup day)

All in all, I liked what I saw, and would buy one on the used market, although the new units were a bit pricey for my wallet.
DpDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:32 PM   #4

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty14 View Post
Good evening everyone,
I came across a magazine article reviewing the above company. Has anyone heard of them or bought one of there products. They specialize in creating/building custom aluminum storage beds for Campers and Fifth wheel trucks. Removing the factory truck beds and selling them. They specialize in mainly HD Chevy and Dodge 3500's along with Ford's F-350's bigger. I like the idea of having extra storage on my truck, but I believe this would decrease your Trucks GVWR and decrease your towing limit weight for safely towing your fifth wheel or upgrading later.
I am planing on using a Dodge 3500 Laramie Maga Cab 6.7L Diesel Dually. Towing a 30' Jay Co Eagle Fifth Wheel. Anyway to end this long story, i have tried to find customer reviews on line about the company and could only find Two dated in 05 both rated at 5 *****. What do you you think.
Thanks for your time.

Scotty14
Send me a PM, with an e-mail address, and I can send you pictures of what they did to my 04.5 Dodge. I had new seats put in. They did an excellent job. I don't know how to post pictures to the thread, or I would do that. They are on Rt. 30 in Valpo, Indiana. Tom is a nice guy to talk to. They also put a tool box/fuel tank in my 99 Powerstroke.

Regards,
Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpytrkr View Post
Send me a PM, with an e-mail address, and I can send you pictures of what they did to my 04.5 Dodge. I had new seats put in. They did an excellent job. I don't know how to post pictures to the thread, or I would do that. They are on Rt. 30 in Valpo, Indiana. Tom is a nice guy to talk to. They also put a tool box/fuel tank in my 99 Powerstroke.

Regards,
s.stielow16@gmail.com
Old 03-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #6

Pond Piggies Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty14 View Post
Hopefully the pictures will come through. The seats I got are 6 way power, with heat and lumbar support. The seats move back further then the factory seats, which if OK for me. Nobody rides in the back seat except the cat. My wife has Multiple Sclerosis, and the seat moving further back is nice for her so she can stretch her legs.

Regards,

Grumpytrkr is offline   Reply With Quote