Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #1

Anyone ever install a marine macerator toilet in their RV? If so, does it discharge down into the holding tank like the standard RV toilet? If not, how did you plumb it into the holding tank? Don't ask why I want to - I just need some info regarding installation if any one has done it. Thanks........eddielee
Eddielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #2

Anyone ever install a marine macerator toilet in their RV? If so, does it discharge down into the holding tank like the standard RV toilet? If not, how did you plumb it into the holding tank? Don't ask why I want to - I just need some info regarding installation if any one has done it. Thanks........eddielee
Old 07-27-2007, 02:38 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I probably can't answer the questions you want answered, but Monaco has done it. My 40' Dip has one. Made by Thetford, model name Tecma. They may have some info available.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:07 PM   #4

Thanks, SACTC! That may be the lead I need. Thanks again........eddielee
Old 07-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #5

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Eddielee, the RV SANI-CON sewer system is a Marine macerator adapted to a RV sewer system. Don't know if this will help you in what you are trying to accomplish.

RV SANI-CON

Glenn
Old 07-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #6

Thanks Mutha, but, the sani-con is merely a tank pump out devise. I need to liquify the toilet contents before it goes down into the tank and I have been told that there are marine toilets that have macerators built in that does just that (I did find out who makes them thanks to SacsTC). Just trying to find out how to install one into the existing hole (3") under the current RV toilet and replace the RV's existing toilet. Neither Jabsco or Thetford address that installation in their online manuals). Thanks again...........eddielee
Old 07-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #7

You will pay more money for a marine toilet. Look at West Marine's Product Advice for heads. It should help you. I would suggest you get an electric head. Just a suggestion.

I love the West Marine catalog.... so many neat things! Ditto for www.defender.com One thing to remember about marine stuff. It's usually better quality and therefore sometimes more expensive than RV stuff. But just remember... there aren't tow trucks out on the ocean if a boat breaks down.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:43 AM   #8

I know what you meant Lorna. I've been through the West Marine online cat. They don't address installation either. Years ago I owned a houseboat that had a gravity dump toilet (just like in my RV)into a holding tank and a macerator pumpout system. Worked great - but, thats not what my inquiry is about. I realize prices are high, but, like you imply, you get what you pay for. Thanks for your post.......eddielee
Old 07-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #9

The Product Advice page does tell you how a marine toilet is hooked up. Scroll downj the page to "System Options" and look at "Our Favorite Method: Holding Tank with Multiple Discharge Options" there is a pic next to that section that shows the system described. Basically, an electric head with a built-in macerator pump will pump the discharge any where you want to pipe it to. No "straight drop" is required. I've already looked into one because my current floor plan layout for the bus is posing potential problems for a straight drop RV toilet. I may have to go with an electric head.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club

Here's a couple pics of mine. Not too sure how you'd retrofit into an existing straight down chute.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote