Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-09-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I was under the impression that rates are filed with and approved by the State that the Insurer is operating in. Therefore I find it odd that some feel they were lured in and increased the following year or that a renewal can fluctuate from one mailing to the next .

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Originally Posted by ARTWERKE View Post
1500 ft from water. Storing or camping?
The agent asked where I stored the coach.

Clay & Pebble.. Miss Butter our sweet Goldie (Jan. 2005-Jan. 2015) Sissy our Border Collie
2012 Providence 42 M. Spartan Chassis, 450 ISL
Ford Edge toad, RM All Terrane, TST TPMS, SMI Air Force One, RVM95....
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:37 AM   #17
Progressive is owned by George Soros, that should tell you all you need.......

You will not catch me with any Progressive coverage for any of my vehicles. Besides have heard too many stories about hassles to get repairs done, whether your fault or the other driver with Progressive.
2005 Kenworth Showhauler truck conversion.
. 44 ft, Cummins ISX15 450 hp, 10 speed, twin screw
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
Originally Posted by Clifftall View Post

It would be helpful if you could explain their reasoning to you for the flat denial . I know we have some members here who were claims execs . They do a lot if business for a Co who " don't pay claims. "
It was a sport bike. The bike had some performance upgrades. Mostly bolt on stuff. Brake/clutch levers, rearsets("pegs"), exhaust, etc. They said it was a "race bike" and they don't pay claims on race bikes. Didn't stop them from taking my premiums though. At the time I was not a racer. The bike was registered, tagged, in street trim with headlights, tail lights, turn signals(none of which are legal on ANY race bike) and 100% street legal. It was actually the bike I commuted on daily. Had over 40k on the odometer. It was not a race bike. They knew exactly what they were insuring. They insure thousands and thousands of them. They run motorcycle specific ads to target audiences during televised motorcycle racing. They are crooks and what they did should be illegal.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4072
Success is having what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you have.
SNAPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #19
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks for the explanation. That sounds like an appeal or law suit or a State Ins Dept investigation IMO.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
We had Progressive... then I noticed our coach rate was increasing... I had no claims or tickets so I called and inquired as to why our rate was going up... and I was told: "We have a new "risk algorithm" and based on your age when you first applied for a credit card your rate was increased"! HUH!!!!!!!!! I'm in my 60ties, we have an 830 credit score and your increasing my insurance "risk and subsequent rate" based on my age when I first applied for a credit card... 40+ YEARS AGO??? YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!! Didn't bother engaging the Progressive Rep in their applied logic... We had a new insurance company the next day!! Ah, folks... ya been wondering why your Progressive rates have been increasing?? Ya might want to call and ask... You can't make this kind of stuff up!!
Ken & Anita
2011 Newmar Essex, 45'- 4522, Cummins 500 ISM, 2013 CRV, RVI2 Brake with TPMS
Stealth01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #21

I had progressive on both the RV and our autos. Before progressive my wife's car was hit by another car and Progressive was more responsive to us than was AAA. Progressive followed up with telephone calls whereas we had to kind of chase down our insurance agent. On the motorhome Progressive was purchased through HiSage Marketing in Escondido, CA. After a couple or more years HiSage recommended we change to another company that provided the same coverage at a somewhat lower rate. We were happy with Progressive and would use them again if the need arises. I have no "customer loyalty" to a large insurance business.

Bob, Sandi & Marmaduke the Big Pug
SW OREGON 2004 Journey 39K, 330 Cat
If towing: a 2006 Mini Cooper or 1995 Wrangler
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote