Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Insurance

I've been with Foremost for the past 4 years. Thinking about changing over to Good Sam. Does anyone have experience with the two?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2011, 07:34 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Not sure about GS but think I got a good deal by calling Gilbert RV Insurance in Orlando Fl. They handle several companies

Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:49 PM   #3

Question Insurance for class a

does anyone have anything to say, good or bad, about usaa insurance group?
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman8 View Post
I joined USAA when I entered OCS at Fort Knox, Ky in 1966. I've been a member since then. As far as I'm concerned, there is none better. They offer many more services than just auto insurance. They do not provide RV insurance tho. They did have Foremost but switched to Progressive a few years ago.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
I've been with Foremost for the past 4 years. Thinking about changing over to Good Sam. Does anyone have experience with the two?
We have had Good Sam which is actually GMAC since we bought our Bounder in '06. We have no complaints, we had one claim for some self inflected rear cap damage and have had the drivers side windshield replaced twice. GMAC gives a very good discount to Good Sam members. They are also a good bet for full timers and offer the extra liability needed. We had full replacement coverage for the first five years, now we would get the Bounder's MSRP in the event of a total loss. Lots of old posts on the insurance subject. Rates vary too much by location and other factors, you need to get your own quotes there. Also, we have not had any 'policy premium creep' with them.

Bob
Old 07-20-2011, 01:54 PM   #6

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman8 View Post
I called usaa and they said they write RV ins with Foremost or Prog. After looking up reviews on these two company's I am afraid of either one. There is one happy customer for every 20 in their reviews. I just had a friend with Prog. get his car hauled off from his house after a tree fell on it in a big wind storm. He dosen't know where they took it and hasn't heard from Prog on the claim. I need some help guys and gals, I currently have Progressive but am running scared if something happens. Thanks in advance, Don
Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #7

USAA - Great company, good rates, have had them for years for many things ie; insurance, inventments & credit cards.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob and Inga View Post
We have had Good Sam which is actually GMAC since we bought our Bounder in '06. We have no complaints, we had one claim for some self inflected rear cap damage and have had the drivers side windshield replaced twice. GMAC gives a very good discount to Good Sam members. They are also a good bet for full timers and offer the extra liability needed. We had full replacement coverage for the first five years, now we would get the Bounder's MSRP in the event of a total loss. Lots of old posts on the insurance subject. Rates vary too much by location and other factors, you need to get your own quotes there. Also, we have not had any 'policy premium creep' with them.

Bob
FMCA sent me a letter endorsing GMAC. Thought I would call em and see their prices. WOW, best price I've paid in years. Saved over $200 from Progressive.
Richard
Old 08-16-2011, 09:47 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We have Good Sam (GMAC). Have had it for several years. Just started full timing and they had the best rates. I check every few years for rates and
no one has been able to beat there rates.
Old 08-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
After 50 years I dropped USAA on the cars, and had "words" with them over dumping me into Progressive. Got rid of them after large increases in 1 year.
I have used GMAC for the MH but they want to "over" insure me for full MSRP replacement costs.
I checked into AARP HARTFORD and found I could save almost $1500 bundling the cars and the MH.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Anybody with, or thinking about, Progressive needs to Google or Bing their chairman, Peter Lewis. I have written USAA about Progressive, and will cancel when this policy expires.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:02 AM   #12
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Used to have GMAC (GS) but changed over to GEICO. So far so good but also check out others when renewal time is up.
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:54 AM   #13

I received excellent service and pricing from Miller Insurance. Selected GMAC. Rate was better than Good Sam's.

Miller Insurance Agency

Tags
insurance