Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2015, 11:35 AM   #1

Insurance in Florida

As some may know, we recently moved to Florida.
Having just made a change in our vehicles, I started checking around on for auto insurance.
Turned out that USAA was the highest rated insurance company in Florida for customer satisfaction. So as I'm eligible, I went on their website, got quotes for our two vehicles, and it was a pretty big savings over Metropolitan (since 1982), and Travelers, which we purchased because Met doesn't write in Florida.

Anyway, while on the USAA site, I noticed a link for motorhome insurance. Since our Progressive policy was about to expire, I figured I'd get a quote through USAA. Clicking on the link brought me to ...wait for it...Progressive! lol, although it was a special page for USAA members. I processed an online quote with my renewal notice right in front of me.
Renewal for Massachusetts was $1380.
New policy in Florida as a USAA member was $828.

I don't know how much of that difference was due to being a USAA member, of just moving out of Massachusetts, but either way, I'm a happy guy. They saved me a little over $1k on my auto policy, and a bit over $500 on my motorhome policy.

Safe travels,
Lobstah is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2015, 05:24 PM   #2

I pay $220 a year with Geico in Ct
Old 06-02-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstah View Post
As some may know, we recently moved to Florida.
Having just made a change in our vehicles, I started checking around on for auto insurance.
Turned out that USAA was the highest rated insurance company in Florida for customer satisfaction. So as I'm eligible, I went on their website, got quotes for our two vehicles, and it was a pretty big savings over Metropolitan (since 1982), and Travelers, which we purchased because Met doesn't write in Florida.

Anyway, while on the USAA site, I noticed a link for motorhome insurance. Since our Progressive policy was about to expire, I figured I'd get a quote through USAA. Clicking on the link brought me to ...wait for it...Progressive! lol, although it was a special page for USAA members. I processed an online quote with my renewal notice right in front of me.
Renewal for Massachusetts was $1380.
New policy in Florida as a USAA member was $828.

I don't know how much of that difference was due to being a USAA member, of just moving out of Massachusetts, but either way, I'm a happy guy. They saved me a little over $1k on my auto policy, and a bit over $500 on my motorhome policy.

Safe travels,
I have been with USAA since 1999, they still insure my 5th wheel, my MH i got to the special USAA progressive page. I have never had a problem with either and so far no one has been able to touch my rates with the coverage i have. I check every year. I also get a dividend every year from USAA. Can't beat it.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by edsperfect View Post
I pay $220 a year with Geico in Ct

On what?
Old 06-04-2015, 01:36 PM   #5

Not only that don't dismiss their roadside insurance more reasonable than some of the prices I have seen from GS and others. Progressive that is. They insure our motorhome and two motorcycles. Car ins from Auto owner's
pop-sicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Mass has always been one of the highest

I have Progressive for all my vehicles, and, you can make the deductibles $500 , and you will recover that $ 500 in savings, in about 9 months

I also have the limited usage factor -on my motorhome-and save big on that option

Even better, they will send you a little electronic device that monitors your driving- I saved 30% with that

I check the premiums from other companies at least once a year.

The company is only as good as the claims agent you talk to, and they all can be good or bad. Car insurance is cheap in Fla, because they make money on car insurance. Now Homeowners is a different story-they get us all on that one.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, insurance