Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2009, 09:49 AM   #29

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thank you for the great info and heads-up. I verified mine today and it is still the same as last year with Progressive. Just over 900 a year for full time 06 Challenger 375i.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2009, 06:49 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to mrschwarz
I signed up with Explorer last year. When I got my new coach, the price went up. I got a quote from Gilbert RV and they beat it by about 10%. I'll be going with them this year.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:46 AM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenAmber View Post
We decided to remain with State Farm. A slight increase but bearable, and the service is Great with State Farm, been with them for over 20 years and never a problem.
We are approaching our 24th year with State Farm and always had great service and rates. Good company to check with. Joe
Old 03-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #32

I use Gilbert's and it actually went down about 15%. 885/yr for a 130K coach. You got hosed.

Mercedes MBE 926
Eddie Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Add my vote for Gilbert. Converted from Progressive after a price increase and Gilbert's rate was better than Progressive PRIOR to the price increase.

RV Insurance, Motorhome Insurance and Florida Motorcycle Insurance
Jim28730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:16 AM   #34
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Geico Insurance

I'm pretty sure there's a few members here who are Geico Insurance Policy holders. Called Geico for a quote since my Progressive policy is coming up for renewal.

The quote I received was about $300+ less than what my renewal rate from Progressive. The only difference from my old policy is that Geico don't offer PIP and Medical Payments. And their policy is for a 6-month coverage not like what I got used to from GMAC, AON and Progressive.

Is this the standard for Geico nationwide or just for Washington State?
Rom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #35

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
ROM, I live in Texas and I switched to Geico last April. They saved me nearly $900 per year and I got better coverage. I have PIP and the medical payment is included in the PIP.
When I contacted my old insurance company all they wanted to know was why I was changing and when I told them they didn't even make an attempt to keep me as a customer.

Jerry
Old 06-17-2010, 07:54 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
What is "PIP"? Drawing a blank....as is often happening these days . Steve
Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #37

Pond Piggies Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Personal Injury Protection

Definition of PIP Insurance | eHow.com
Frank P. Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:05 PM   #38
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
jdoc - so how do you like the 6-month policy vice a yearly one? I do like the idea of not renewing every 6 months but the savings from a lower premium might be worth it. But I'll think it over before making the switch.
Old 06-18-2010, 05:40 AM   #39

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks. Sorry to bother ya. Steve
Old 06-18-2010, 05:43 AM   #40

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to jdoc
Paying every 6 months is not a big deal to me. The fact that they saved me almost $900 per year is what I like. Since my old insurance company acted like they didn't care whether they had my business or not just sealed the deal for me.

Jerry
Old 06-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #41
Rom

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thanks, jdoc for the insight. Will call and rehash more options that I need.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #42

I was insured through AAA but they were expensive. I insured 6 cars and one trailer and 3 teenage drivers. My bill each year was 7469.00 yes, you read it right... about 700$ a month! I called Geico and they quoted 3100 a year for the same coverage. I couldn't believe that was saving 50%! Geico renews every 6 months so biannually it was 1550$ each 6 months. Other then sketchy road service... it's all been good. My wife had a flat and called road service. A girl about 20 rolled up in a corrola pulled out a floor jack and lug wrench out of the trunk. She was wearing shorts, flip flops, and a halter top, and she was covered with tatoos. She changed the tire with ease and threw the flat in the back. We signed the slip and she dropped the copy in my wifes lap, all without saying a single word. She looked like she could easily have kicked my behind with her eyes shut. She was very efficiant but clearly anti social.Off she drove, no smile or have a nice day or even a wave, just all buisness. I didn't expect her arriving at our car dressed like that or without a truck. She neither identified herself or produced anything saying she was our road service provider.
It worked, but initially I couldn't figure why she was looking at our car.
Later my daughter locked herself out of her car. Road service came to the house again a girl who appeared to be her boyfriend in a ratted out Honda civic. She pulled out a slim jim from behind her seat and in a shake she was in the 4Runner. This time though she said that she was my road service agent. Strange.
-Paul R. Haller-
Paul R. Haller is offline   Reply With Quote