Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Purplefans & Harvey's Avatar
 
Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Medway, MA
Posts: 395
Is it a "Push me Pull me"?
__________________

__________________
Landcruisers for life
2 adults, 2 kids (tweens) and 2 dogs
2004 Fltwd Southwind 32V from 2000 Tioga 26F
Purplefans & Harvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Kountry87Air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hoagland,IN
Posts: 130
I like off-beat stuff, especially if one can see the coherent thought that went into it. I've seen pics of RV's made from all kinds of things and sure all have. Firetrucks, school buses..old cars klooged on to some camper shell. What strikes me of this post though is this effort would seem one of necessity rather than of invention or expresion. If one had a budget and set out to craft something up, one wouldn't do what the pics represent out of choice but may from necesity.
I hope it does pull well enough to get him where he needs to go and safely so too.

Around here, the midwest, there are many hunters who have older/end of life RV's used for hunting cabins. Could be that is what is going on here and if so, it would work fine as long as the roof is sound and a has adequate space to store beer.
__________________

__________________
Kountry87Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Retired and Happy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Stone Mountain, GA
Posts: 941
Reckon it has electric brakes? If it moves, it has to stop...somehow.
__________________
Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 10:31 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 137
Sure would like to see the "inside" of that rig!!!!!
__________________
JBroadaway
2010 Winnebago Tour 42AD
Toad: 2009 Lincoln MKX AWD
JBroadaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,493
Redneck Remodel...

At first glance one cracks up, but after some thought this is clever.

No need for dual axle as the original one should be designed to cary this load, the front axle is gone, but so too is the weight.

Towing weight of the rig and braking, maybe work in progress, but if hitch is later upgraded to surge brake then brakes not a problem.

The front is very ugly, but if a better end-cap was added this would look cool.

Other than the front end this rig looks interesting, given the truck chassis it should be a failry tough TT now.
__________________
TQ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
ROLLNSMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater
I admire and respect resourceful people. People who are not afraid to be different, either driven by economics or just the desire to make do with something most everyone else would toss aside or be too proud to own. In my past life one of my areas of responsibility included a remote island with maybe 2000 residents. I was always amazed and truly respected their ability to make something out of nothing. I often wondered who had it right, those folks, who lived a life that material possessions were, well, immaterial to them. If they wanted something they would barter back and forth, or scrounge the island for what they needed. Or us, who have run on the hamster wheel of life to keep up with everything and everybody, (whoever the Jones are) rushing to buy the latest gadget off the shelf which already is obsolete. Dashing to the fast food joint for lunch because we just don't have time, quickly waving to a friend, but we don't have time to stop and chat. It's run harder run faster work longer days, gotta have two paychecks to make the payments. I know one thing they always had was time to stop and invite you in for a meal or at least a cup of coffee. I know when I arrived at that island and stepped out of the helicopter I could feel my blood pressure drain down about 20 points. No matter how you live your life in the end we all die. I suspect we (the hamster wheel people) die sooner.
Very very well said!!!
__________________
ROLLNSMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Larry & Rita's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tulalip, WA
Posts: 943
I would think it's a work in progress, because you can see a paint bucket by the tounge support.
It would look to me like the person workes a t Home Depot because I can't imagin HD letting someone build this in thier lot.
__________________
Don't pray for a blessing--Pray to be a blessing.
2006 Holiday Rambler Endavor 40 footer
Tulalip,WA
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 PM   #22
Member
 
bigdale's Avatar
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 85
There is no way that hitch can be used to pull that thing. Maybe with a farm tractor a few hundred feet or so, no way in heck legal. Prob an office trailer temp.
__________________
Amateur Radio Op/Crappie Fishin Fool
1991 Cross Country Sportscoach 32 ft. Homebase Indiana
bigdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Steve N Sal's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,614
I'm wondering if possibly it was damaged on the road and this ended up being there cheapest possible fix. Just a thought. Wherever it is, it was nice of the business letting them do it on their property if in fact that is what is going on.
__________________
Steve & Sally / HiTee & Hudson Our Little Poms / Heidi & Houston Forever in our Hearts
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22 / 05 PT Vert
Michigan (Summer) Michigan (Winter For Now)
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 03:47 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kitts Hill, OH
Posts: 1,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve N Sal View Post
I'm wondering if possibly it was damaged on the road and this ended up being there cheapest possible fix. Just a thought. Wherever it is, it was nice of the business letting them do it on their property if in fact that is what is going on.
I'd think it would have to been something like that. engine fire perhaps?
Front end crash?. No one in thier right mind would take a good operational RV and start hacking it up like that.
I do think it would have made a better 5th wheel TT than a bumper pull TT.It really easy. just remove the steel frame and stick it up on a 5th wheel car trailer or goosneck trailer you will have a axle to sell also.
__________________
(RVM#26) THE U-RV 94 F-700/24 foot U-haul box home built RV
Mekanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
4Knights's Avatar
 
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekanic

No one in thier right mind would take a good operational RV and start hacking it up like that.
.
Not their right mind- definitely left mind as they are some form of artist
__________________
Ron & Wendy-Kansas
94 Pace Arrow 34 ft
25 yr Army retired 2006
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM   #26
Registered User
 
Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,954
Definitely Diamond Plate the front.... ya.
__________________
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
I admire and respect resourceful people. People who are not afraid to be different, either driven by economics or just the desire to make do with something most everyone else would toss aside or be too proud to own. In my past life one of my areas of responsibility included a remote island with maybe 2000 residents. I was always amazed and truly respected their ability to make something out of nothing. I often wondered who had it right, those folks, who lived a life that material possessions were, well, immaterial to them. If they wanted something they would barter back and forth, or scrounge the island for what they needed. Or us, who have run on the hamster wheel of life to keep up with everything and everybody, (whoever the Jones are) rushing to buy the latest gadget off the shelf which already is obsolete. Dashing to the fast food joint for lunch because we just don't have time, quickly waving to a friend, but we don't have time to stop and chat. It's run harder run faster work longer days, gotta have two paychecks to make the payments. I know one thing they always had was time to stop and invite you in for a meal or at least a cup of coffee. I know when I arrived at that island and stepped out of the helicopter I could feel my blood pressure drain down about 20 points. No matter how you live your life in the end we all die. I suspect we (the hamster wheel people) die sooner.
So few know.... Sssssh.....
__________________

__________________
Billieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.