Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 06:25 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwomack View Post
I'm the world's worst at remembering names. I think everyone should have their name tattoed on their forehead (in LARGE letters)so I can read it while looking them in the eye.
That is a great idea

Al
ajm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #16
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Avery-Dennison software is free to download from their web site. They would like you to use their "stock" business card(s), but any of the present business cards will work. I use the type that can be printed on both sides. One side has our information, and the back side has the "purpose" of the organization on the front of the card.

These cards are real easy (for me) to dream up. There are examples in the software that you can use, or you can just use the "logo" of the organization that you belong to, or you can dream up your own. I made one up for the Texas Boomers, and it has pink flamingos on it in keeping with their "trashy" life (just kidding Texas Boomers, I know you don't have a "life.")

With A-D software you can cut and past images into their software, drag and size it, and do all kinds of neat things.

Go for it.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:53 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You can also use your iPhone (maybe others) to take their picture and then attach the picture to their contact data in your phone.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 10:05 AM   #18

I have a gmail address set up that I give out to folks. It never changes as opposed to a cox.net/comcast or other major provider. gmail/hotmail/yahoo you can carry with you no matter what.
2912N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #19

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
For those not familure with Avery,, They make labels, all sorts of labels, Mailing labels, Name tags (people labels) Full page (8 1/2 by 11) labels, Media labels (CD/DVD/VHS/Floppy) and more, Folder tab labels and I can't recall what all else.. Of course about 20 feet of shelf in any office supply store is dedicated to their paper products.. (All different size, shape and color of labels) you can not hardly find a label format they do not make.

Now, without software to print 'em.. You can not very well use 'em.. So they provide Avery Label Wizard (Limited) Free of charge.. It can print most every format they make.

I also use it to print signs (Just choose Full Sheet, 8 1/2 by 11)

Can print in monochrome or color, can import graphics (Comes with a good selection) cn do "Merge" files (Print from a database file Very handy when doing address labels) I have used this for a long time and Laser Pro (Black and white only runs on older computers, I think DOS in fact) Before that. IT is how I print my cards and I recommend it to others.

If you work in an office you should have a copy handy.. If one of your representivies runs out of cards you can pop a sheet of cards in the printer and print a run as low as 10 cards (Actually you can print 'em 1 at a time but there are 10 on a page) for him to use till the printer's order (less exprnsive as a rule) comes in.

Or if you get a new hire you can drop 10 sheets in the printer and hand him 100 business cards before he gets his W-4 filled out (Day he is hired, hour in fact)
Old 09-05-2011, 07:30 PM   #20

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
You can get 250 free business cards at www.vistaprint.com - you only pay a low cost for the shipping. I ordered some several years ago, still have lots left to give out. Best deal out there!! Much cheaper than printing your own, our printer seems to devour ink cartridges.
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I use New Day Flyers (Business Cards, Full Color Custom Business Card Printing & Design Templates | NextDayFlyers.com) cards. You can design the card anyway you want it. I have a picture of the MH on one side and the information we wish to give out on the other.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #22

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have used Vista Print too.. The advntage of the Avery Lable Wizard is kind of like the pun below:

Sod farms provide instant grassification.

As I said... In an office, a new rep is hired, and the secratary can hand him 10 or 100 brand new business cards before he finishes his new hire paperwork.. Can't do that with Vista Print or any other printer.