Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Introduction Cards

As I get older I have a problem remembering names, when we meet people in our travels I tend to forget thier faces and names, so I got on my computer and downloaded a free program from Avery.com, and made my "Introduction Cards" ie-Bussines Cards.
I Took one of our more flattering pics. and added some contact details, without getting to personal. Printed about 10 and stuck them in my pocket, as I met folks I thought I would like to stay in touch with, I would give them a card, that way they could associate a face with a name, has been the hit of the parties, even printed some for various couples with thier info.
I got a request the other day from one of my new friends for more, think I may have to start charging for them.
I tried to add a pic of the finished card but it's in an Avery format and can't copy and past it.
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

This is a great idea that we've been using as well.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:28 PM   #3

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We call them our camping cards. I make them using a greeting card software program that has a business card option. Allows for a great variety of fonts and image positioning.

About the memory thing. I get these cards from folks, then can't remember where I put them...
Old 08-12-2011, 12:41 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Guess I forgot to ask you for one at Silver Cove! I also didn't give you one of our FMCA ones though!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Guess I forgot to ask you for one at Silver Cove! I also didn't give you one of our FMCA ones though!!
Next time !!
Hope all is well with you and yours.
Larry and Rita
Larry & Rita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #6

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry & Rita
As I get older I have a problem remembering names, when we meet people in our travels I tend to forget thier faces and names, so I got on my computer and downloaded a free program from Avery.com, and made my "Introduction Cards" ie-Bussines Cards.
I Took one of our more flattering pics. and added some contact details, without getting to personal. Printed about 10 and stuck them in my pocket, as I met folks I thought I would like to stay in touch with, I would give them a card, that way they could associate a face with a name, has been the hit of the parties, even printed some for various couples with thier info.
I got a request the other day from one of my new friends for more, think I may have to start charging for them.
I tried to add a pic of the finished card but it's in an Avery format and can't copy and past it.
I hope these are not the same type of cards they pass out on the strip in Vegas!
4Knights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 07:58 PM   #7

Texas Boomers Club
I'm the world's worst at remembering names. I think everyone should have their name tattoed on their forehead (in LARGE letters)so I can read it while looking them in the eye.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:23 PM   #8
RV Mutant #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I carry four different cards. It all depends on who I'm talking to for 3 of them, and it real matters who I'm not willing to talk to for the fourth one.
It is what it is, and then it is what you make of it.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Avery Business card stock is available in many business stores, pics can be added to these.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought a program called Visual Business Cards a few years back. It is a very simple program to use and came with a supply of business card paper. I have used it made cards to give out to our new friends we meet in our RV travels. I have also made cards for a few other folks.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 AM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
What a cool idea...going to pass this to the husband with a big please, could we do this????
RDGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
I've been doing this for a number of years now. I found a website that prints business cards and all kinds of business forms called iPrint.com. It lets you design your own card and then they print them and send them to you. I had originally tried printing my own, but it turned out to be cheaper and easier to have it done, and they are a lot better quality than what I could print at home. I think the last time I ordered it was just under $20 for 500 cards. They are much nicer than the Avery blanks, printed on heavy, glossy business card stock.

Here is my current card. Obviously the real card doesn't have the email and phone number obscured.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Business card 4.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	12910  
Kurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 12:40 AM   #13

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
As I kind of said earlier: I use the FMCA ones. bought 1,000 of them, then had to change email addresses so I have to hand modify each one. That's one advantage to printing your own!!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 05:20 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
Me and Willa did that right after we got married in 06. We had a thousand of them printed up with our E mail addresses on them and our home phone number. They have our picture on them as well so folks will know that I am the pretty one with the thick mushtash in the Tilly hat and Willa is the one with the ''deep voice''...lol... (I'm teasin' baby girl).......
We had a thousand printed up and the day after I picked them up THEY CHANGED MY E MAIL CARRIER AND I GOT A DIFFERENT E MAIL ADDRESS. I said SHUX real loud. They still have a correct e mail address for Willa and we will pencil in our cell number on the back and ''line through'' my old e mail address and write down my new address. We hand them out when we meet new people and they are really appreciated. Like someone else said earlier...... I think everyone should have their name tatooed on their forhead to make life simpler ....

I am a veteran and damn proud to be a tiny part of such a great group of people that have served this nation...

...GO NAVY........''NEVER QUIT''..''NEVER''......
Seajay is offline   Reply With Quote