Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2017, 07:22 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnmor View Post
That soap trick is the only way that I know of to kill them, insecticides are useless.
Actually, this stuff works:

Click here.

Harris also makes a similar product. It's available in various sizes, up to a full gallon sprayer version.

Roger
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiawah View Post
If you search the forums, you will find previous discussions. After trying every known internet suggestion over the course of a month, I finally fogged. Put one sprayer in the shower, and a second in the basement. Definitively killed them all, and have never seen a live one since. You will need to vacuum dead bugs from everywhere. I just found a couple dead a month ago up in my a/c, which I opened on the Reid to change squirrel cage. Those bugs get into every knock and cranny.

If u ever get again, I will fog immediately with no hesitancy. I wasted way too much time trying all the other remedies. Buy a 4 pack at Home Depot

I use Raid Fumigator for fogging. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0259.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	319.7 KB
ID:	178632

Does not leave an oily film on everything. It gassed out as a gas, not a mist. Then it gets into all the Hideie holes and kills everything. Use it for both the TT and S&B.
Pricejh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #17

thankfully i've never had to deal with them!
RV_Fan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 AM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Glad I'm not the only one this year. We don't seem to have them here in Indiana, but last month we camped several days in PA attending the Hershey show, and man, we've been on the losing end of this battle ever since. Kill one and five show up. I'm encouraged (hopeful) to hear that fogging may work.
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDALHB View Post
Glad I'm not the only one this year. We don't seem to have them here in Indiana, but last month we camped several days in PA attending the Hershey show, and man, we've been on the losing end of this battle ever since. Kill one and five show up. I'm encouraged (hopeful) to hear that fogging may work.
Stink bugs are a big problem in PA, pretty much from mid-Sept through most of October. This is NOT the campground's fault, but last year we were at Thousand Trails Hershey the last week of September, and dealt with a blizzard of stink bugs. They come from the nearby cornfields after the corn is harvested.

Then we had more at Circle M just a couple of weeks later, just not as bad.

Took us a long time to kill all the stink bugs that had found their way into our camper. The Terro product worked very well for us. Didn't have to fog.

For those who don't know, stink bugs are an invasive species that came to the US from Asia. They were first noticed here in 1998, and have been spreading ever since. Worst is that they have no natural predators because they are not native to the US.

Roger
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 AM   #20

The whole US will have them soon since RVers drive them cross country and then they fly away in the west.
sbleiweiss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:00 AM   #21
IC2

Oh the joy!! We will be heading out for a cfew days to Gettysburg next Sunday then on to near Richmond for a week. To think we should have learned a lesson from last years invasion when we were in the same areas and about the same time.

Will a heavy bug spray around tires and landing gear slow the walking bugs down or do they just 'wing it' instead? We don't get many in Upstate NY ---- yet --- so eradication is still new to us.
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:25 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
So you're the guy responsible for spreading those things all over Virginia, North Carolina and Tennessee...

Maybe I'll just bring you a load of love bugs and lady bugs to Pennsylvania and I'll throw in a bag of kudzu seeds too...

Haha! [emoji23]
The last of them met their doom in AZ. Hot and nuthin to eat
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC2 View Post
Oh the joy!! We will be heading out for a cfew days to Gettysburg next Sunday then on to near Richmond for a week. To think we should have learned a lesson from last years invasion when we were in the same areas and about the same time.

Will a heavy bug spray around tires and landing gear slow the walking bugs down or do they just 'wing it' instead? We don't get many in Upstate NY ---- yet --- so eradication is still new to us.

Unfortunately, the fly in and crash land. They can squeeze down to nothing and crawl into the tightest spaces. Hate them.
Old 10-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Nope, they fly. Spray in outside cracks and crevices helps. They also like light-colored areas in the sun - maybe they like to get a suntan. Anyway, spray in advance does help. Try to avoid camp sites that are close to dead leaves and underbrush, too.

Good luck!

Roger
Old 10-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #25
IC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
Unfortunately, the fly in and crash land. They can squeeze down to nothing and crawl into the tightest spaces. Hate them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkresge View Post
Nope, they fly. Spray in outside cracks and crevices helps. They also like light-colored areas in the sun - maybe they like to get a suntan. Anyway, spray in advance does help. Try to avoid camp sites that are close to dead leaves and underbrush, too.

Good luck!

Roger
Oh well, I was hoping ..... thx
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Oh well, I was hoping ..... thx

In the fall they are moving in search of warmer places to hunker down for the winter.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:53 AM   #27

Bugs in the woods, I'm shocked.
Old 10-03-2017, 12:03 PM   #28
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricejh View Post
In the fall they are moving in search of warmer places to hunker down for the winter.

Such as RV's!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote