Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 AM   #1

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I am sure many of you are wondering what is going on with ownership of the website. To make a very long story shorter, iRV2 has a new owner. As many of you know Bob (rebelsbeach) & I have been partners in iRV2 for the past 2 1/2 years and prior to that I owned the site solely. iRV2 has grown tremendously since its inception back in January 2000, to a point where it has been very difficult for me lately to keep up with it's needs. I also own 2 other companies one of which you may have heard of RVupgrades.com and trying to juggle all three of these has become almost impossible. When Bob's situation in RV'ing changed and he pursued a buyer of his interest in the site it became apparent that this may also be a good time for me to do the same. Believe me this wasn't an easy decision and I will not bore you with the weeks of personal struggle I went through to come to this point. But the new owner made all of this much easier than I had imagined with his vast knowledge in forum communities. I know iRV2 is in good hands with his leadership.

So with that I would like to introduce the new owner of iRV2.com Andy Robinowitz! I will let Andy tell you about himself, but I can say from the first time I spoke to Andy on the phone, positive energy and confidence poured through the line. I have total confidence that Andy is going to take this little idea I had over 8 years ago to the next level. And I am super excited to see some of the changes he has in store for the site on the programming side of things.

I am sure you guys have ton's of questions, but here are the answers to a couple you maybe asking yourselves.

No I am not getting out of RV'ing nor am I leaving iRV2.com. I actually am looking forward to being a member of this site for the first time and I hope to see many of you at the 2009 National Rally.
No changes are going to be made in the admin or mod positions.
No changes are going to be made in the mission of the site.
No changes are going to be made in all of the other little things that make iRV2 so great.

So please help me welcome Andy to the awesome RV'ing family we have here!

Bill
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:38 AM   #2

Official iRV2 Sponsor

I am sure many of you are wondering what is going on with ownership of the website. To make a very long story shorter, iRV2 has a new owner. As many of you know Bob (rebelsbeach) & I have been partners in iRV2 for the past 2 1/2 years and prior to that I owned the site solely. iRV2 has grown tremendously since its inception back in January 2000, to a point where it has been very difficult for me lately to keep up with it's needs. I also own 2 other companies one of which you may have heard of RVupgrades.com and trying to juggle all three of these has become almost impossible. When Bob's situation in RV'ing changed and he pursued a buyer of his interest in the site it became apparent that this may also be a good time for me to do the same. Believe me this wasn't an easy decision and I will not bore you with the weeks of personal struggle I went through to come to this point. But the new owner made all of this much easier than I had imagined with his vast knowledge in forum communities. I know iRV2 is in good hands with his leadership.

So with that I would like to introduce the new owner of iRV2.com Andy Robinowitz! I will let Andy tell you about himself, but I can say from the first time I spoke to Andy on the phone, positive energy and confidence poured through the line. I have total confidence that Andy is going to take this little idea I had over 8 years ago to the next level. And I am super excited to see some of the changes he has in store for the site on the programming side of things.

I am sure you guys have ton's of questions, but here are the answers to a couple you maybe asking yourselves.

No I am not getting out of RV'ing nor am I leaving iRV2.com. I actually am looking forward to being a member of this site for the first time and I hope to see many of you at the 2009 National Rally.
No changes are going to be made in the admin or mod positions.
No changes are going to be made in the mission of the site.
No changes are going to be made in all of the other little things that make iRV2 so great.

So please help me welcome Andy to the awesome RV'ing family we have here!

Bill
Old 09-11-2008, 04:50 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Bill, good luck going forward. Thanks for all the hard work to bring the site to where it is. We all look forward to where Andy takes us as a group. As I've said Andy you have big shoes to fill, we're sure you're up to it. Hope you have as many adventures as Bob Hope they are all good ones.
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 05:29 AM   #4

Bob, sorry to see you go but good luck with the next chapter in your life.

Bill, nice to finally put a real name to the login.

Andy, welcome to the forum and good luck with your new "job".

Personally, I have found this forum invaluable with research of products, fixes and the like. It does tollerate differing opinions, even dissent but everyone posting here appears to be an adult so I never see the childish flaming of others as with some other forums.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Ken
Old 09-11-2008, 06:29 AM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bill, You have done a great job in 8 years, the site has had some speed bumps, but we proceeded onward. Thank you for an outstanding job and introducing me to my extended family, the Noreasters...

Retired Navy Mustang 06
2003 Winnebago 35U W22
Toyota Rav 4 Toad
Brake Buddy

Sugar & Spice our Shih-Tzus
Captain Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:02 AM   #6

Bill you done good.Your commitment to this site has brought a lot of lifelong friends together.For that, me and a lot of the other members are indebted to you.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 11:13 AM   #7
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Bill I am glad things are still working out for you for the better!! Also as others before me have said Thanks so much for what you have done, and where you have taking this site in only 8 short years !!! It was my pleasure to have been a member from just about the start, and to have meet so many great folks, and turned them into great lifelong friends! I am also glad to hear you are not leaving the site, and hope to meet up with you at another National Rally! I did enjoy meeting and chating with you at both the 1st and 6th Rallies !!

Andy welcome to iRv2 and hope you follow in Bill's footsteps, and keep moveing this site in the right direction, and also keep it as the Best RV Site out there on the net!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 11:50 AM   #8
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks for the warm welcome! I am really excited to be part of the iRV2 family.

I know the heart of forum based communities are the members and I am here to listen and help create solutions based on your needs. I look forward to getting to know you all through the forums and also at rallies in the years to come!

It's going to take a little while for me to get a all the pieces of the site (the software, databases, etc) over to my servers and when that is done we will work at upgrading various features of the site.

Bill, thanks for having the faith and trust in me to continue what you started here. I promise to keep the best interests of the members as the #1 priority and to stay true to the mission of "Efficiently support the thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experiences among RV enthusiasts".

Regards,

Andy R
Old 09-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #9
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Bill;

It was a pleasure meeting you and your family in TN and Bev & I appreciated the tour of your new Vectra. You can be proud of the growth in IRV2 do to your great leadership. We are pleased you still plan on participating with us on IRV2. We wish you continued success in your remaining businesses.

Bev & I plan on attending the 09 Rally in Ohio. Islapp already asked me to do the coffee hour so God willing we will see you there.

Don & Bev
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 12:41 PM   #10
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Andy;

Welcome to IRV2. You have a tough act to follow. Your future plans for this site sound exciting and I look forward to the upgrades and getting to know you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #11
cwg

Bill,

Your site has been the best forum and source of information for some time. I have not had the pleasure of meeting you in person, but I knew Bob well from similar travels. I congratulate you on having a forum which became such a asset to the rv community.

The distinquishing aspect of IRV2 is that it is so "topic specific", allowing a viewer to glean information specific to his/her own questions. I find it much more user friendly as a viewer does not have to wade through every post on a daily basis to keep up with personal interests.

Here is wishing Andy the best in the future and may the site continue its growth under his guidance.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Bill, well done and thanks for all your hard work. Best of luck with your other endeavors.

Andy, welcome to iRV2. As I'm sure you've been told, this is the best RV forum on the web. I wish you the very best in your new responsibilities.
Teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Bill I want to thank you for all of the hard work you put into this web site and I wish you the best. I also want to welcome Andy to IRV2.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 09:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey everyone..
Believe it or not .. a few tears are rolling down my cheeks right now as I type this...
Bob has brought some great reading & mis-adventures to this site and Bill has brought the serious stability to this site. Both of those pieces will be dearly missed...but in saying that...I must also say this...
..I have been snooping around and luckily only a few know that side of me... ... ( Andy) and I have talked to a few other moderators...and what I have heard overall is that they are trusting in Bill's judgment (Warpath) and they like what they have heard so far -and I am trusting in my snooping ...Andy...we are excited about the next step iRV2 is about to take!

Welcome aboard!!

Mm

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote