Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 01-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #15

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thumbs up

We have a Central Vac, Central Vac. When we bought the MH I tried it and I thought no wonder they didn't use it no suction.
Fast forward last spring cleaning I thought I am going to get rid of the hose and use that space for something else. Being curious, I unscrewed the end of the hose where you would put the attachment and it was clogged with carpet threads and cigie butts pulging the hose. Has it been there since 1982? I bet it was used @ the Factory on a final clean up.
The PO owned it for 28 years and neither smoked and the plastic bag the attachment's were in was un-opened. I ended up tossing the PLASTIC hose it wouldn't streighten out.
I have a really nice hose from the shop vac in the garage so I am useing it instead . Its just long enough to go to the front of the MH Perfect. I can also do the toad if need be out the door or window. Better suction than Hoover Shop Vac We just have to find bags for it, no luck so far. If they are still made check into that brand. We really like it

1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2014, 08:27 PM   #16
Monaco Owners Club
We love our central vac. Burned out the motor last year and tried to live without it for 4 months, but hated using a regular vacuum...storage, space, convenience are all so much easier with a central vac. Replaced the vacuum and have been happy ever since. Wouldn't be without it.

12 paws, 40 feet and the open road
WheelingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #17
Fleetwood Owners Club
Ours came with it already installed, we had always used an Oreck. We now use the central vac, it picks up the dirt while out on the road and does not take up much space. Our next rig will have one.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
2007 Chev Classic CC LB D/A - Toad
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - Backup Toad
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:56 PM   #18

I love the convenience of it while traveling however I do give the coach a once over between trips with our house vac.
Brian and Kim VanBuskirk
2008 Damon Tuscany 40 DP
Tow: 20" Trailer with Classic C3 Corvettes
Car Dolly: Mini Cooper Clubman
vanbuskirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #19
The 2009 Diplomat that we bought this last spring had central vac already in it so..... Being that most of the floor is tile and the only carpet is in the bedroom, that central vac works just fine. The only issue the DW has is that the hose is too short to reach all the way to the front of the MH. Otherwise she likes it.
2009 38' Diplomat
CSM- retired, wife as co-pilot
Reka & Ali providing security (our 2 labs)
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #20
Fleetwood Owners Club
Our current coach has the built in vac and the wife prefers it over a home style vac which took up closet space. We have a drawer near the attachment port which holds all the attachments, which she likes. That being said, we do not travel with pets so the Dirt Devil works for us. I do however miss not having a vac to use to clean the Toad or storage boxes, so I carry a small shop vac in the basement.
2008 Bounder 38V DP
2004 Ford Sport Trac
LEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you are unaware, you can buy hose's at a vacume store cut to lenght and cheap to spendie, I've even seen them at Flea markets.
1982 Pace Arrow 30ft.
KarKaddy SS, Toad:99 Concours
Lilly and Rubie Our 4 legged Kids & Tim & Joe
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #22
I think this another "personal preference" item that varies by use of coach and flooring type. We have NO carpet (it's tile and hardwood) so our preference is a small carry-on to do the blinds and crevices ... the daily stuff is a fine bristle broom and dustpan.
2005 Newmar Essex 4502
1997 HR Endeavor 37, CAT, 1996 Geo Tracker
bruceisla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #23
Monaco Owners Club
We have a 5 gallon shop vac. We can use it for regular vacuuming or vacuuming up any water ...... like when the ice maker decides for some unknown reason to thaw and refreeze while we are out for a few hours .... Now we just only make enough ice to half fill the bucket but still have the shop vac.
Thom and Christine having fun in a 1993 Monaco Crown Royale Signature Series 40ft 300hp RV. Towing a Fiat 500 Abarth and a Harley.
Our blogged repairs and travels
PyrateSilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #24
Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We love ours.. It's a DirtDevil that came with our Fleetwood Discovery. A family that camps with us was so impressed with ours that they installed one in theirs. If you are handy enough, you can find a way to install one after the fact... They installed theirs underneath the bottom bunk (they have a Berkshire BH). So if you are undecided, that's a thought.
2013 Fleetwood Discovery 40G, Cummins ISL,Freightliner Chassis, Allison 3000.
2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Toad w/ Blue Ox Aventa tow bar and M&G Braking System
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #25
Have a built in and really like it-has its own closet and is out of the way.Works quite well and easy to use-Dirt Devil
2011 Montana-3400RL
Towed by[B]'99 F-350 SD PSD DRW Lariat
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #26
We will add it to our list of things to get. I suppose if you have it and don't like it, it doesn't really cause a problem and you are only out the initial cost. If there is one, negotiations being whatever is agreed to.
Started our journey: 2015 Ford F350 Diesel Dually, 2016 Forest River Vengeance Touring 39R12 toy hauler, Can-Am Spyder RT-Limited.
Mr. M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:56 PM   #27
We put one in our previous MH, but will not put one in our "new" one. We had it for several years and only used it a couple times a year. We mostly use a hand held rechargable vacuum now.

Ken, Judy, and the Angels--2005 Fleetwood Southwind--2008 Cargo Trailer--2003 EZGO Golf Cart
Retired and Happy is offline   Reply With Quote