Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

Is anyone else addicted to their RV?

Now granted our motorhome is only 2 months old. Yet, I found the same feeling with our previous '02 Class C.

Since purchase we have done something every weekend in our ACE. This weekend coming is the first weekend we have no plans other than work around the brick and mortar.

My wife considers this a nice weekend to take a breath and relax. For me it seems like a horrible way to waste a weekend. I'll probably even sleep in Saturday morning.

Now granted our property is a nice wooded 50 acres. We see deer at almost all times of day and are surrounded by autumn colors and have a running stream and lake in our front yard.

But the thrill of driving someplace new to do nothing more than day-hikes and watching football on the exterior tv...it is addicting.

I feel as if I am missing something by just 'staying at home'.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Yep! You've got the RV bug for sure!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We like our coach, but are not addicted to it, but then again we are FT and are in our coach 24/7/365.

If the right coach for the right deal were presented to us, would consider it very seriously.
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:22 PM   #4

Yes, addiction bug here
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same feeling here and I envy the full timers and can't wait till we can do it. I work every day toward an early retirement and since catching the bug I work even harder to move faster toward my full time goal. Im on my way out to the rig now to get a peaceful night sleep in the driveway.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoracing View Post
Same feeling here and I envy the full timers and can't wait till we can do it. I work every day toward an early retirement and since catching the bug I work even harder to move faster toward my full time goal.
Oddly, my wife and I feel the same.
Being married to someone who shook her head when I bought a used motorhome 4 years ago to someone who now includes a motorhome in our 'exit plan' is amazing.
We have already told our kids to go off and explore the world once they graduate. Don't just hang around our small town of Hanover.

Because lord knows our plans include a house on a FL beach and a diesel pusher to travel the states.

EricGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:32 AM   #7

Know the feeling, I want to go almost everyday. But have to settle for once a month now. Someday, soon I hope, a lot more time on the road.
Life is a trip, ENJOY the ride
Safe Travels
Bill
woodworker414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:45 AM   #8

I am addicted, have not been able to take her out since July because it's too hot, or other things in the way. Well had plans to go this weekend, but chances of rain cancelled our plans. I may go by myself to COE park not far from us. It's driving me nuts. I like the rain anyway.
charliej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #9

Are you addicted to your RV

I must be, we have had this RV for 22 years. Still looks good, runs good. If I am not in it I am looking for something to do to it.
pappyralph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:39 AM   #10

I have had 4 motorhomes in the last 15 months. I am addicted to flipping them and making profits.
My dad say's i'm the only one he ever met who makes money on motorhomes (I'm sure there are others).
We didn't even get to use the last one, sold it in 2 weeks.
We are getting ready to take a weeks vacation in our current rig. I work 6 days a week so it is hard to get to use them as much as i would like.
But I like to have one around so if we go somewhere the dog has a cool place to stay. That is why we bought the first one. We where going to Cheyenne frontier days and needed a spot for the dog.
When we don't have one we usually go somewhere every weekend to look at one somebody has for sale.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:47 AM   #11
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Hi!

My name is Les and my wife has put me into a 12 step RV Addiction program.

I'm on my 6th coach in 4 years and I like to buy them, fix them, use them and sell them.

Every other day, delivery guys are showing up with parcels of parts and whatnots.

It's making my wife nuts. She no sooner packs them and before you know it someone is coming to drive them away and she's unpacking them.

She calls me obsessed......I call it a hobby.

She says "I go out and buy a dining room suite for $1500 and you go buy RVs for $50,000".

I tell her "When your dining room suites start making us $10,000 a crack we can talk" LOL
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:14 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Addicted to our RV?? You bet. We went on our first trip 3 weeks ago and when we got back home plugged into the house electric and water and are still in it. Don't want to go back into the S/B. Even the dogs no longer go to the house door but the RV door. They are ready too.

Just want to get the house all together, downsize and get rid of stuff and take off into the sunset F/T.

Yup I'd say were are hooked.
Shaz
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:26 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
After reading all of the posts so far, we must be addicts, too. Nothing stops us, we are like the postal workers in an RV! We camp in the rain, the snow, the heat, the cold, the light, the dark, the spring, the summer, the fall, oh how we love camping in the fall! We camp in the winter, we camp in the mountains, the desert, the plains, the coast, the other coast, the gulf coast, both of the Florida coasts, in Canada (Oh, Canada!). We camp in the woods, the COE campgrounds, the state parks, the nat'l parks, the BLM, and we will even camp in private campgrounds. Oh, and we will even camp at Walmart, as long as we are on the way to your house as long as you have hook-ups, or a place to get water and dump our tanks, or at least have a honey wagon once a week for crying out loud! SOMEBODY HELP US!

Bruce and Judy
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #14

Not just the TT but camping in general. I am on 8 or more forum and review sites daily, constantly looking at campground sites and been doing this for 24 years. Back then it was the brochures from the shows and the rating books. I have it bad and it is killing me that this could be our last trip of the year.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote