Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2017, 07:18 PM   #1

Freightliner Owners Club
Jayco Owners Club
Is anyone using a HDMI wireless transmitter?

I changed from Dish Network to Direct Tv. With Dish I had all three of my Tv working off the same receiver. I also had a air antenna/satellite switch in the system. Now that I have Direct I only have 1 tv wired to my satellite. The H24 receiver will not allow me to view all 3 tvs at the same time, because my Rv has no HDMI cable run to the other two tvs. I see that their are companies that offer a wireless transmitter that will send HDMI signal from one tv to one or two other tvs. Is any one using this type of transmitter? If so, how is it working? I need one transmitter, and two receivers. I would like more information on these transmitters if anyone has used one. Thanks!
mwwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2017, 08:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Iogear

I use the Iogear Wireless Transmitter. Have had it for 2 years now, works great.

https://www.iogear.com//product/GWHD...ign=GWHDMS52MB

Not cheap but it works!
Mike & Karen. 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34 SBD, Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, Copperhead Pearl . Blue Ox base plate with Roadmaster Nighthawk towbar with RVibrake2 Auxiliary Braking System and EEZTIRE TPMS. CHF, rear track bar and Safe T Steer. FMCA Member.
SmokyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:27 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I installed an Iogear transmitter when I broke an HDMI cable in the bedroom, that can't be replaced. It works well.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 05:41 AM   #4
paz

We have an Iogear wireless transmitter to feed the programming from the livingroom TV to the bedroom. We're not that happy with it because it frequently drops the signal to the bedroom TV. The transmitter and receiver are about 30' apart, and there are a couple of walls in between. It probably would work better if it were line of sight, but it's supposed to work up to 100' through walls.

The signal for the living room TV also goes through the transmitter because there is apparently is an internal splitter, so the living room TV sometimes blacks out for 5 to 10 seconds at a time, too, even when the bedroom TV isn't on. Fortunately, we have a DVR so we can back the program up to see what we missed.

Lots of people here on iRV2 have had success with the Iogear system; but at 3.7 out of 5 stars, the reviews on Amazon aren't that great. Lots of people there have the same problems with dropped signals.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:05 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwwade View Post
I changed from Dish Network to Direct Tv. With Dish I had all three of my Tv working off the same receiver. I also had a air antenna/satellite switch in the system. Now that I have Direct I only have 1 tv wired to my satellite. The H24 receiver will not allow me to view all 3 tvs at the same time, because my Rv has no HDMI cable run to the other two tvs. I see that their are companies that offer a wireless transmitter that will send HDMI signal from one tv to one or two other tvs. Is any one using this type of transmitter? If so, how is it working? I need one transmitter, and two receivers. I would like more information on these transmitters if anyone has used one. Thanks!
Another option. My H24 receiver along with the HDMI connection has RCA cable hook ups. Get a modulator that hooks into RCA imput and has a coax out put. You won't get HD over the coax but will get SD on coax and HD from the HDMI. Should be only around $30.

Hope this helps
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:39 AM   #6

Got mine at Best Buy, don't remember the brand but it works great. I have dish now and use there remote joey. No wires!
Old 01-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
So, one thing I think I have found is this. I have directv at home. Just put a travler swm3 dish up today (Hopefully I will finish wiring it tomorrow, but somehow it took forever to put that first screw in my perfectly good roof. The rest were quick. Just have to drill a 1 1/2 hole in the roof and fish out coax now). If you buy an "owned" Genie on Ebay, you can then use it for one TV or you can buy up to 4, I think, wireless Genie receivers. This Allows the wireless client to be put at the TV with connection via HDMI. My understanding is that Directv will add the "owned" box to your existing account with minimal charge and no contract extension. You have to buy a $20 card for the receiver.

If anyone else would like to comment, feel free. I am still discovering the finer points as this is one route I am considering. Probably what I will do for now is take two of my directv receivers with me, one for each TV. The SWM3 allows splitting of satellite signal to supply as many as 8 boxes with the correct switch. All function independently.