Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Is iRV2.com on the decline?

Now I've been poking around here for a couple of years now - ALWAYS appreciate the help and hospitality - but it seems more than just the software interface has changed.

It seems it used to take more frequent and longer visits to iRV2.com, often more than once a day, for me to keep current . . . now I can often skip days, even several in a row, and get back to that "current" feeling quite quickly. And it also seems some previous "regulars" have just gone away.

Maybe it's just me, maybe I don't need as much technical or travel information as I once did. Or maybe my perceptions are correct. Don't know. Any stats or evidence to support or refute my very subjective feelings?

I hope I'm wrong - iRV2 has always been one of my favorite places to visit!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:29 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi SeeTheUSA,

What the OP seems to say is the quantity of topics and threads is not as numerous as in the past. That may be the case. With very few new and used RVs being sold the turn over of owners has been greatly reduced. Experienced owners may have fewer problems with which they need help. It may also depend on the specific forums each member visits. Some forums may be more active than others.

The actual number of threads and hits is the only quantitative way to confirm usage over time. Each member will assess the qualitative value of the forum.

I've noticed an uptick in the unique and less often encountered problems.

Remember 04-06, when the manufacturers were shoving out the door a record number of coaches? We had no shortage of posts about new owners and their problems. As the RV industry recovers and new owners enter the market the quantity of threads will increase.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
Old 05-26-2009, 08:06 AM   #3

Appalachian Campers
I agree that the RV world itself is hurting, not specifically the forum.

It'll come back. That or those of us that are left will have more room at the CG.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:40 AM   #4

I agree with sknight. It is not just here. I used to check in on 5 boards. Two of them have rolled over and died.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
In my opinion, the new forum software is very user unfriendly. I don't use the site near as often as I did before the software change.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have any questions about the new softwear , please ask about it or sent a note to the contact us link.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 05-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #7

You can see how long I've been hanging around. I don't ask many questions though, because I usually find my answer using the search feature. I'm sure I'm not the first to have a problem with something. Heck, one guy even sent me a PM accusing me of being a know-it-all because I post replies but don't ask many questions.
I like participating in irv2.com discussion forums. I learn something each visit to the site, even after the years past. You are right, a lot of former participants are not here now. Why??? Personal reasons is a good catch-all, deaths is another. Hope mine is not posted for a looonng time!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 05-28-2009, 02:17 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
You must realize also that when the weather gets better, the rvers get out and visit the site less. When the weather turns cold and the season ends, the traffic here starts going up again.
BTW Ray,IN congratulations on post #2000!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
Old 05-28-2009, 01:58 PM   #9

Florida Cooters Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Speaking locally, members of the Florida Cooters (Boomers) have dwindled over the last year or two due to the economy, illness, and the loss of our informal and beloved leader (Ralphie). Some of us are still around but nowhere near as active on the forum as a few years ago.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM   #10

Send a message via Yahoo to JayLodge
I'm a new member and I think this is a great site and I would get very frustrated if I had to spend MORE time keeping up with the threads to which I've subscribed. Just purchased a 2006 Tour and am finding answers on this forum to questions I didn't even know I had............
Thanks to all of you.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #11

The new software has probably scared some of the less technically inclined away (I know at least one). When they need an answer, necessity will again be the mother of technical perseverance and they'll be back. Personally the change-over was frustrating, but well worth it. I get a much better look at other forums (I used to look in on only the Alpine forum) and it is good to get out more
Old 05-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
IRV2 recently changed host software (and perhaps Hosts, I'm not tracking IP numbers)

This changed added many new bells and whistles, however just like each and every upgrade of A:Windos and B:Other services I use it has bogged things down.

There is another thread complaining about how SLOW this system is now (I don't notice so much as my computer, an older back up unit, is slower just now)

Folks get frustrated and.... Post elsewhere
Old 05-29-2009, 07:52 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
IRV2 recently changed host software (and perhaps Hosts, I'm not tracking IP numbers)

This changed added many new bells and whistles, however just like each and every upgrade of A:Windos and B:Other services I use it has bogged things down.

There is another thread complaining about how SLOW this system is now (I don't notice so much as my computer, an older back up unit, is slower just now)

Folks get frustrated and.... Post elsewhere
I feel from listening to our iRV2 family members when the switch over was made how slow and how you couldn't jump around. I think the new owners new about my PC and air card and set everything up at my speed.
I see no difference with the site except a few members of the family left home to spread their wings.
Remember this time of year is start up time for a lot of seasonal businesses, others have gone back to their homes after away for the winter and sooner or later they will all be back.

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
Old 05-30-2009, 05:36 AM   #14

A newbie here so there is lots of me to peruse. I too belonged to a couple of forums that went 'poof in the night' so am trying to find new sources. Being new, I don't know what the site was like before updates, but it's not too hard to maneuver around.

Have to agree though that as the weather breaks, more folks have other things to do than sit and read/respond daily.
Closed Thread