Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2009, 03:51 PM   #71

I agree, the new software takes way too long to load. I have limited time to check the Internet and my favorites, so I most often go to other RV sites that are faster to load and easier to navigate around. Speed is the key and I'm not impressed with this software. Sorry.

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #72

Am here, Been Here, Plan on staying for a bit

It does appear to be a bit harder to use than before, but we still get around OK. I would like a better way to see new threads, but we manage. We don't post much, just when we feel that we might have information to add to a discussion.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:13 AM   #73
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I would like a better way to see new threads
There are 2 ways to display new posts.

1. Click on "New Posts".

2. Click on "Quick Links", then "Today's Posts".

Today's posts will display any posts you have made that day in addition to all new posts, New Posts will not display your posts.

Old 07-02-2009, 05:29 AM   #74

I discovered the reason for slow-loading on my computer was IN my computer. The start menu had many programs running in the background that was strangling my computer. Had my daughter clean things up and now, running FireFox or IE8, it loads irv2.com pages very quickly, but FireFox is still faster.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 07-06-2009, 04:43 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
I discovered the reason for slow-loading on my computer was IN my computer. The start menu had many programs running in the background that was strangling my computer. Had my daughter clean things up and now, running FireFox or IE8, it loads irv2.com pages very quickly, but FireFox is still faster.
I'd think that, too, but I have several different computers and Irv2 acts the same way on all of them, but other forums, both RV and non RV work just fine. Hmmm?

Best Regards!

2007 Winnebago Journey 39K Freightliner Chassis, Cat C7
Old 07-06-2009, 06:40 PM   #76

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snipe View Post
I'd think that, too, but I have several different computers and Irv2 acts the same way on all of them, but other forums, both RV and non RV work just fine. Hmmm?

Best Regards!

Old Snipe, thats my findings also, exactly!

Dieselclacker
Old 07-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #77
Community Administrator

Thor Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Have you all disabled the right column?
Old 07-06-2009, 07:06 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snipe View Post

Best Regards!
This forum has become the pits for me. I am a fairly knowledgable computer guy and have DSL.

But I try to read a thread and all these little ads grab things and take me to bottom of the thread when I am trying to start at or near the top and this frequently happens more than once.

All these ads are insane and grab my control so I DON'T HANG HERE MUCH ANY MORE!!!!!

Guess someone is making a ton of money and if not get rid of a lot of ads.

Southern California
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #79
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If you are getting ads and pop ups you need to log into the site with your user name. Also disable the right column of ads by following the instructions HERE

It is pretty simple and fixes the ads for good. But you do need to log in. The site has listened and is trying to help. We also suggest that you log in periodically to the Community Announcements to see what new has happened on the site.

It is down to a very low percentage of the members that are having speed issues. We know if you are the one with the speed issues, it is a very large number since you are effected.

Ken

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #80

Winnebago Owners Club
I use Ad Blocker Plus (ABP) with the FireFox browser . . . ABP blocks SO MANY annoying ads! Makes iRV2 fairly simple

See here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

I really don't know if you van get ABP for Internet Explorer - all I use IE for is those doggone Windows Updates
Old 07-14-2009, 07:33 PM   #81

Country Coach Owners Club
Well, I last visited this forum in late April 2009. I am a regular on other RV forums with daily visits to each. RV.net is the one I spend the most time with. Lots of daily posts on lots of topics.

This forum does seem to be a bit clunky in design and discourages rapid review/response to new posts.

Today, I ran out of places to surf so here I am.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #82

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to stearn
I must be missing something?? I came over from RV.NET and kinda like this site. I even think some things are eaisier to find.

Equinox Toad
Old 07-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
I use Ad Blocker Plus (ABP) with the FireFox browser . . . ABP blocks SO MANY annoying ads! Makes iRV2 fairly simple

See here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

I really don't know if you van get ABP for Internet Explorer - all I use IE for is those doggone Windows Updates
You may get Windows updates with Firefox, but I forget how it's done. My laptop is set that way( in task bar). When I remember I'll fix this Dell 4550 W/ Firefox. BTW, Firefox 3.5 is blazing fast, even with my dial-up.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Old 07-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #84

I also use RV.net and like this site a lot. One thing I find is that as a site adds more content over time, it becomes more of a "search and find the answer" place versus "ask a question to find an answer" place. the knowledge base is getting larger and larger, making the "typical" questions fewer and farther between. This is a good thing, to some extent. Hopefully it says that folks are searching and finding their answers and solving their own problems!
Some boards I am on are annoying because some folks don't search, or don't know how, then the normal suspects come in and flame that person for not searching... and the thread goes "pearshaped" in a hurry.

Performance for me is great (comcast DSL, Firefox) no issues with popups, even with the right hand column enabled. Ads pay the bills folks!

2004 BigFoot 29SL
Closed Thread