Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
It's been a Buyer's market for quite awhile now and will be for an exceptionally long time due to the economy. The RV industry has suffered a significant setback and it will take years upon years to recover if it ever does.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #44

That is very NICE Joe
I am late to join in here but think you got a nice coach for a very fair price.

enjoy
okgc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgc View Post
That is very NICE Joe
I am late to join in here but think you got a nice coach for a very fair price.

enjoy
thanks, that is not for me its for a friend, I have a 2006 discovery 39L. joe
ninos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #46

Ok never mind the deal did not go true, the jurke at the dealer called me today (Friday) at 5:00pm leting me know that he sold the Rv to someone else that I had given him a $500.00 deposit and we were gonna pick it up tomorrow imagine how much of a crook some people can be. Joe
Old 03-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #47

Winnebago Owners Club
I purchased a 2003 Winnebago Sightseer four months ago at a very good price. The easiest way to do it is type in the type and make of RV you want on your search engine and you will find many on the net at various prices. I compared six of the same model and the prices varied from $56,000.00 to $29,900.00. The high end price vehicle had 18,000 miles and the low end price had 84,000 and hail damage. I found one locally for $28,000.00 with 10,400 mi. Replaced the Tires, serpatine belt, oil change, lube and a complete check out....The deals are out there just take your time.
jabfado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #48

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninos View Post
Ok never mind the deal did not go true, the jurke at the dealer called me today (Friday) at 5:00pm leting me know that he sold the Rv to someone else that I had given him a $500.00 deposit and we were gonna pick it up tomorrow imagine how much of a crook some people can be. Joe
Use extreme caution when giving anyone a deposit on a used vehicle. There are many scammers out there that will offer a vehicle for sale and will collect multiple deposits from many people wanting to buy it, then the seller will skip out with all the money.

An unfortunate sign of the times.

Wanabee FTer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #49
HNA

Quote:
ok we found a 2001 fleetwood discovery 37U its got the cat c7 330hp with allison six speed, its got six new tires (just installed last week) and four house batterys (last week as well) its white with some gray strips, two slides one in the front and one in the back and we can get that for $40,000.00 do you guys think its a good deal or not? My friend doesn't think that its such a good deal I think its a good deal, the all coach looks very clean in pictures and its got a washer and dryer as well with a tv out side and more things. what do you guys think about this deal? thanks Joe
I think my wife and I just bought this coach Friday. We take delivery early next week. It is in great condition and was the best deal I could find on a Fleetwood Discovery. Enola Pa correct? Too much of a coincidence to not be the same coach. 6 new tires, 4 new house batteries, white with grey stripes, and an outside tv. Snooze you lose! Lol, just kidding, good luck with your search. I'm glad our 5 month search is finally over.
HNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #50
HNA

Quote:
Joe,
Now that I read the rest of the thread, my last post isn't funny. I apologize. We definitely bought the coach, after seeing the pictures you posted. I don't know why he took a deposit on the coach from you. I placed a deposit on the coach 2 weeks ago. We had a little problem with selling our boat, but I never told him I was backing out of the deal. I guess he got a little nervous being a new dealer. Sorry.
HNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:56 AM   #51

How funny is that, what a small world, this is what happen I called up for that coach and was still a available but my friend toke a couple days to make up is mind and when he finally made the decision I called the dealer and he told me that the Rv was sold, so I asked if it was a solid deal and he said yes it is and that you were trading in something wich I didn't know what it was so I told him if the deal does not happen for what ever reason call me and we will buy it, a couple of days went by and when I got to my office my secretary give me a note that said (call mike the deal didn't go through with the Rv) so I called this guy back and he told me that the deal wasn't most likely going to happen so I asked him why and he told me that you had a big boat to trade and that he didn't want to take the boat in because he didn't have the time to use or to sell the boat, and he said that you couldn't get the finance with out selling the boat, so I asked him when do you know for sure? He said by tomorrow I will know so the next day he calls me and says ok you can have it the deal is not happening so I negotiated with him and we agree on $40,000.00 and I send him a $500.00 deposit with in five minutes and we agreed that I was going to pick it up on Saturday and on Friday around lunch time I called there spoke with is wife and everything was good to go and we would be there at 8:00am the next day, then I get a phone call at 6:00pm that's when he told me not to go there because he sold it to someone else, but my friend as a lawyer working on it he's going to sew him, I think that he must have sold it to you at a higher price so he backed out on my deal other wise he would have backed out of yours (that's what I think) this guy is a piece of you know what. But I wich you the best of luck with the Rv because this is not your fault at all enjoy and let me know how everything works out for you with that coach, happy and safe traveling. Joe
Old 03-25-2012, 05:44 AM   #52

I am going to be looking to purchase a motorhome when I arrive in Florida in a couple of weeks. I am flying in from the East Coast of Canada. My concern that I am wondering about is the sales tax. If I have to pay sales tax in the state then another 5% GST at the border and on top of all that 10% here at home when I register the unit. This starts to add. If I buy from a private indivadual I assume there won't be any sales tax but am not sure, can anyone shed some light on this issue or offer any other advice.

Cheers for now
ShannyFE is offline   Reply With Quote