Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2015, 09:01 AM   #29

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just to inform a few folks. The retail stores at camping world are managed separately from the rv sales and I believe separately from service as well. I love the idea of having everything under one roof and love browsing and purchasing my accessories from them. I have never found their prices to be out of line. I might be able to find them a little cheaper elsewhere but there is a lot to be said for being able to see, touch and feel my purchase and I will pay a little more for that convenience. I don't think I have ever run into an issue with something being out of stock unless it was a manufacturer specific part i.e. something from fleetwood. I was also impressed by there staff the last time I was there. I was even greeted in the parking lot by an employee driving by on a fork lift! Love their retail stores but can't comment on the rv sales as I have never had the opportunity to deal with them.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
A few years back they closed the CW closest to Chicago and moved all operations to their Island Lake store, which is almost impossible to get to from the south and west suburbs. It's like a half day trip through 10,000 stoplights and gridlock. No thanks. I order from Amazon now.
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #31

CW has been implementing a new inventory management system over the past several months and having some real problems with that implementation. This has most certainly impacted their online sales and getting refunds on returns. It appears to have impacted this network of service centers as well, assuming that it is an integrated inventory management system.

I'm not making excuses for CW. It took me almost three months and a lot of emails, calls, etc., to get refunds on two items that I purchased online. But having been involved in a large scale inventory management implementation, problems with the implementation can spiral out of control quickly and I believe this is what has happened with CW.

That doesn't make the situation better but at least CW has been straight forward in telling people why there is a problem. But it does need to be fixed. Soon.

If the service department can't order and manage repair parts, nothing will be fixed. If the accessory sales department can keep stock on-hand, people will shop elsewhere. Both of these situations develop bad press for CW and people will be hesitant to buy new or used RVs there.

It's a death spiral unless this situation is remedied. Soon.
TxCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:32 AM   #32

Their Hamburg, NY store seems to of gone down hill the last time I was in there several weeks ago. Poor inventory on the shelves and what seemed like less items too. However, I do like stopping when near by or shopping when I get an email on sale items. Their sale prices at times can't be beat. I'll usually double check with Amazon if I'm interested in something, most recently a cover for my 35ft. class A, and CW was $30 cheaper and free shipping. A friend bought a used TT from them and was satisfied with the deal and 30 warranty service. Most recent another friend bought a 41ft. Montana 5'er from the Rochester, NY store and said he'd never ever buy another RV from any Camping World. I guess the moral of my post is hit and miss like many have stated.
vincee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #33

Mojo, I am glad you brought up the distinction between, sale, serviçe and store. I have never used service or sales. My only exposure to sales was when we made an offer on a new Class C, discussed our trade and details of financing. We shook hands. I agreed to bring my rig in the next day, a 50 mile trip for us. I called the next day and reviewed the details again and was assured the deal was made. We hooked up and made the drive thru Albuquerque traffic. When we arrived another $10k was added to the purchase price. We left vowing to never, ever púrchase a rig from CW. The store is another matter as I like what they have, prices are reasonable and they usually have what I need.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:05 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Shouldn't this thread be duplicated over at rv.net to SEE if any changes would be done ? They may be flying along thinking every thing is hunky-doorey
Old 08-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #35

Actually it is "YOU" because there is no way on this planet that CW could get any worse than it is.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:29 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Our friends took their MH to CW for warranty repairs to their slide out 3 weeks ago. The MH was bought from CW. CW diagnosed the problem and told them the part was ordered. They called last week to see when they could pick up the RV and were told the part had to be ordered! Now CW says the parts will be in next Wednesday. They have paid RV Park reservation starting on Thursday, no refunds due to Holiday weekend.

I tried to warn them as I experienced the same kind of issues with CW previously. I will never use CW for repairs again.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:07 PM   #37

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Shouldn't this thread be duplicated over at rv.net to SEE if any changes would be done ? They may be flying along thinking every thing is hunky-doorey
Oh belive me they know just don't care or Marcus is now chasing that Bethney Frankle from that housewives show, saw this Yahoo i think
I just don't understand why so many rv'er go that joint for ANYTHING sales, service with all these horror stories all over the net
Santara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:36 AM   #38

Well Affinity, the parent company appears to have a lock on everything RV in the US. The larger the company sometimes the more arrogant they become.

I was both an exhibitor and a speaker (RVing in Mexico) at the Phoenix Good Sam Rally last March and I must say they do know how to run those efficiently. Except it was windy one day and the American flag blew over next to my stage while the Canadian one on the other side kept flying. I immediately claimed Arizona for Canada.
Paul Beddows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #39

Camping world saved me a lot of money. When they opened the new store in Tucson I took my Moho in for new awning fabric. They ordered the wrong one three times so after a month I went on my first dunes trip of the year with no awning. While we were out duning there was a gust of wind that took out all of our groups awnings.
Thanks Marcus!
Old 08-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #40

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
Camping world saved me a lot of money. When they opened the new store in Tucson I took my Moho in for new awning fabric. They ordered the wrong one three times so after a month I went on my first dunes trip of the year with no awning. While we were out duning there was a gust of wind that took out all of our groups awnings.
Thanks Marcus!
Everything happens for a reason.
ArmandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:03 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO Pilot View Post
Our friends took their MH to CW for warranty repairs to their slide out 3 weeks ago. The MH was bought from CW. CW diagnosed the problem and told them the part was ordered. They called last week to see when they could pick up the RV and were told the part had to be ordered! Now CW says the parts will be in next Wednesday. They have paid RV Park reservation starting on Thursday, no refunds due to Holiday weekend.

I tried to warn them as I experienced the same kind of issues with CW previously. I will never use CW for repairs again.
This happened to friends of ours also. Their 5er was there for 5 weeks while CW did the same "song and dance" about the parts being ordered/not ordered. We also tried to discourage them from buying from this location but they couldn't believe it was as bad as we had said. Well they finally had to go pickup their 5er from the service department after 5 weeks with nothing been done on it just so they could go on a planned trip. Took it back after their vacation and waited again just to get warranty work done.
rvpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #42

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Picked our 2016 Ventana LE 4044 two weeks ago at Tom Johnson Marion NC. DW saw coach at NKK Rally and fell in love with it. Last year brought a Canyon Star and customer service was excellent. CW has brought an excellent dealership down to their level. Many unhappy employees and some have left. Was told that Tom drives thru and shakes his head. Between Marion and Concord they have only 8 2016 Newmars. Would not be surprised to see Newmar pull out of there were soon. My buying experience there was horrible if it was not for DW would have walked too extensive to explain here. PM me and I will give my phone number and explain it.
Switt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping