RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2018, 09:30 PM   #1

Is it possible to "block off" hydraulic power to one slide out?

Hello all, I have a raptor 3712 2008 model fifth wheel toy hauler. We use this for racing purposes so we need to get by with what we have and not wait around for repairs. Cosmetics are not priority.

Problem... last weekend the front bedroom slide floor we found has literally rotted away. The connection that the slide hydros connect to has become detached, it only moves out. We must manually push it in now.

Is there a way to temporarily block off the hydro supply to the one slide? All 3 slides are on one button, so it is not as easy as avoiding the front slide button

Also, how in the world would i find which line is for which slide

Have got to love these cardboard junk boxes. Previous owner stored unit with slides open, both bedroom and main living room slide got destroyed. We have since gotten most of our money back and had help repairing the main slide.

Missing our old non slide 30ft. aluminum siding toy hauler.

Thanks!

kevin586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Pull and cap the lines.

rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

Without seeing the hyd. schematic I can't say for sure but I would think could take the lines off and plug them. As for finding them you will have to look around the bottom of the slide or if you have the schematic you should be able to find the ports or wires for it at the valve.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:00 PM   #4

Thank you guys. I would prefer to do the capping at the pump, as to not have the lines leak under the bed adding more of a mess when i remove for capping.
kevin586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
If it is a single pump you would have to find the flow divider/distribution block and maybe plug/cap it there. It needs to be capped so the fluid has access to the pressure relief valve or it will over pressure. It is a safer bet to do it at the slide motor.
https://enjoying-life.net
spdracr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:30 AM   #6

I worked with a lot of hydraulic systems on heavy equipment. I agree with the post above it would be the best to cap at the cylinder. If there are more than 2 lines at the cylinder leave the extras active and just block off the cylinder. My slide out has an equalizer system so both cylinders get the same pressure and the slide out extends and retracts in a straight line. There is probably a similar system on your slides.
There is a possibility there are multiple electric valves in the hyd. control unit and if so, it might be a simple as taking the wires off the valve. I'll see if I can find a schematic for your unit.
Charraral has only an Owner's Manual on line and no parts schematic.
leadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:10 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Sounds like Leadman knows what he's talking about!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
my cedar creek had a knob on the hyd manifold to shut off each slide if you wanted to just operate one, two or all.
at the manifold will be your best go, install valves inline with the room you want o isolate.

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, power, slide, slide out