Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2016, 12:21 PM   #1

Is my new motor home jinxed

If I was really superstitious I would begin to believe someone had jinxed me on the purchase of this new 2015 motor home. First, it had to go back to the factory before I even took delivery for an error they made on some of the interior colors. Second, my motor home insurance was issued with my name spelled wrong. Third, I just noticed on my title that the year of the coach is shown as one year newer than it really is.
This is my 5th RV in almost 30 years and I've never had such a comic series of errors by so many people.
Anyone else had this much fun?
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2016, 01:07 PM   #2

yep you are jinxed for sure. i am sure if you pay someone enough cash they will take it off your hands.
beaverfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:44 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
We bought our new coach (first one for us) in January of 2015. It spent 7 months at the factory getting fixed. We only had 3 trips in it last year. That's jinxed. We had title issues too, dealer that didn't care and it all fell back on the factory. Thankfully they took care of everything.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:54 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Our '02 DSDP MH took 113 days out of the first 305 days of ownership, a one month trip to Spartan factory and then to Newmar to get it properly taken care of. After that it was a great rig for the 13 years we had it.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:00 PM   #5

Is my new motor home jinxed

Wagonmaster2....You have had a wonderful honeymoon compared to some of the horror stories of other folks.
Enjoy!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:59 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
If the motor starts and you have heat in the coach and cold in the refer....all is good.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:39 AM   #7

I hate to tell you this, but relatively, you have essentially had no problems.

We bought ours, a new 2015, in October, and have been able to camp ZERO days so far. It's now looking like February, maybe, at the earliest. 4 months of payments for no pleasure. If the RV manufacturers continue with sub quality construction, using under engineered slide systems, and auto levelers that work without fault on rare occasions, their sales will start to turn down.
LeRoi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 03:29 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
If the motor starts and you have heat in the coach and cold in the refer....all is good.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 04:28 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfolger View Post
That was one of the problems with ours. The residential refrigerator wasn't cold. What many people don't realize is that with a residential refrigerator in an RV, no one want to service them under warranty. If you can get someone out, your responsible for getting it out of the cabinet for the service tech, then they will look at it. We finally gave up fighting with Whirlpool after taking it out once. It went back to the factory for a new fridge to be put in. Once they go in, they are a nightmare to get out. An entire wall of cabinets had to be redone for the new refrigerator.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #10

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Man I feel lucky, I needed a new fuel filter put in 15 minutes later I was back at it.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Remember, Mama said there'd be days like this!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:06 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
If I was really superstitious I would begin to believe someone had jinxed me on the purchase of this new 2015 motor home. Third, I just noticed on my title that the year of the coach is shown as one year newer than it really is.
Wagonmaster, I sure wish someone would have made my title say that my coach was a year newer,I would have left it that way.Your coach would not start depreciating till a year later,now that would be sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!!

Rapid Rick
2013 Fleetwood Terra 35K
rapid rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:33 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
That was one of the problems with ours. The residential refrigerator wasn't cold. What many people don't realize is that with a residential refrigerator in an RV, no one want to service them under warranty. If you can get someone out, your responsible for getting it out of the cabinet for the service tech, then they will look at it. We finally gave up fighting with Whirlpool after taking it out once. It went back to the factory for a new fridge to be put in. Once they go in, they are a nightmare to get out. An entire wall of cabinets had to be redone for the new refrigerator.
I must say that's definitely information I didn't need. My first residential frig is a Maytag which I understand is owned by Whirlpool. And considering my last washer/dryer at home was a Whirlpool which only lasted a little over 3 years before needing repairs costing more than a new set so it won't surprise me if I have problems with this Maytag.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
We bought our new coach (first one for us) in January of 2015. It spent 7 months at the factory getting fixed. We only had 3 trips in it last year. That's jinxed. We had title issues too, dealer that didn't care and it all fell back on the factory. Thankfully they took care of everything.
Some owners must be saints the way they forgive the factory for building a vehicle that then takes months to fix.

No, not jinxed, just poor quality control in the first place.

But don't worry. After the first year or two fixing up all the problems and then another year of you fixing things yourself, you will have a beautiful MH that will bring you peace and happiness for many years.