Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2014, 06:16 PM   #1

Is there a Carfax report for RV's?

Just curious, is there a Carfax (or similar) report for RV's?
TXDIANIMAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2014, 06:31 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I purchased a Carfax for my RV prior to making the final deal. It showed what amounted to the mileage from the factory to the dealer when the title transferred to the original owner (the one before me).

Good luck in your search!
bokobird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #3

Hello yep there is just log on to their site pays your money send in your info and they will send you a report simple as that.Did that when I bought this Thunder.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 AM   #4

There will be one for motorized units, but only shows what is reported to CarFax. So hardly anything will show up on it.
jesilvas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 06:16 AM   #5

I think it would depend on what info you're looking to find. I find them pretty much useless even for a car or pickup. When you order one up and you don't see anything bad, it just means they don't know about anything bad. People assume that everything is reported to Carfax somehow, when in fact, all reporting is voluntary!

A clear Carfax report means absolutely nothing. There are no guarantees of any kind to fall back on in the case of incomplete information. In short, they're misleading, leading to wishfull thinking. A complete hoax, perpetuated by sales people.
Old 06-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
We just recently purchased a used Class A and while searching for the right coach I purchased their five report package and ran generated Carfax reports on two units.

You can enter your VIN on their website and it will tell you if it has data on that unit. There system claimed to have data on both the units I was interested in. Unfortunately the data it had was virtually useless. For one, it had only a single mechanical entry for <$100 in (unspecified) work done 8 years ago and the rest was when and in what state the registration was renewed each year. The second report showed only when and where the registration was renewed - totally useless.

I was wondering if this lack of useful information was related to it being an RV but it turned out to be equally useful for a car. My daughter was looking at a used Honda Ridgeline so a ran one of my remaining three Carfax reports on it. The information it provided was totally on par with the motorhome reports - totally useless.

IMHO, Carfax is a great concept on paper but a waste of money in the real world.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Totally agree....waste of paper....if you pay cash for a repair there is nothing/info generated.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rvs