Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #15

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
When you bring your house with you something will always happen. We stopped calling (trying to type calling and it won't let me what's up) it a vacation and started calling it an adventure, whether we traveling in the Motorhome or flying somewhere, just go with the flow and look for the adventure in everything.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Personally, I blame lawyers, if for any reason an accident case ends up in court, then the police team's investigation is questioned 16 different ways from last Tuesday, and if for any reason they can't provide definitive answers to every question, charges can be dropped due to lack of evidence........
So what's wrong with that? Hungry lawyers are the average guys best defense against injustice, which is why business interests seek to limit their ability to fight for the average guy. If not for lawyers there'd still be exploding Pintos and coppers beating confessions from innocent people. People bumrap lawyers until they need one--then they want the hungriest shark in the sea.

Old 08-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
I hear you. We are just soaking up the sun in Castlegar for a week, doing some fishing (or trying at least )
Come on , Dennis, you know it's called " washing you hooks".
To the OP, sorry we're getting off topic here.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #18

IF you have insurance in the State of Florida, you are allowed one free windshield on the vehicle per year without a deductiable and they will generally come to your house to make the repair. So no worries about the windshield.
jollyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:38 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
I know just about everyone goes to Florida for vacation.

But I never knew that Floridians also went to Florida on vacation.

Next time, come to the North GA Mountains.
Thanks, that's on our todo list!
Old 08-03-2015, 08:45 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave&ginny View Post
Let this be a lesson......NEVER let the fuel tank get too low and always carry enough water for one day.

Other than that......if everything went smoothly, you'd forget about the trip. It's only the journeys that test you that are remembered for years. Laugh often and most importantly laugh at the situation.

Happy Trails
Yea, had more than 3/4 tank. The only thing that worried me was having to let the engine idle that long. I shut it down for one stretch and when it was time to move I couldn't get it to crank. After 2 minutes of panic I realized I'd left the trans selector in drive instead of neutral :/
Old 08-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #21

Quote:
Personally, I blame lawyers, if for any reason an accident case ends up in court, then the police team's investigation is questioned 16 different ways from last Tuesday, and if for any reason they can't provide definitive answers to every question, charges can be dropped due to lack of evidence. So on scene the police need to anticipate every question and dot their I's and cross there T's two and three times, before anything that could be construed as evidence is disturbed.
Well we always blame the lawyers. But here I think the issue was a guy shooting a gun right off the side of the highway. They probably didn't know if he was alone, and they certainly didn't want to have a shoutout near the highway with traffic on it. Then it turned into a homicide scene.

But wow, what a mess. Hope I don't run into one of those again anytime soon
Old 08-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #22

It's trips like that where you question if RV stands for Recreational Vehicle or Ruins Vacation. Some trips it could go either way.

2000 Gulf Stream Conquest, first MH (bought 8/14)
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Guy View Post
It's trips like that where you question if RV stands for Recreational Vehicle or Ruins Vacation. Some trips it could go either way.

2000 Gulf Stream Conquest, first MH (bought 8/14)
Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Nah, it was a great trip. No real disasters, just some inconveniences and a few bucks for a new spare tire. Got the windshield fixed and am ordering spare tires for the dolly. Normally we don't travel that far from home. I could have done without the 7 hour road delay and the 15 hour driving day it created. The good news is my wife is very motivated to learn to drive the rig so I can get an occasional break. Next time I'll have some alternative overnight spots picked out in advance on a long trip.
Old 08-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #24

Quote:
Personally, I blame lawyers, if for any reason an accident case ends up in court, then the police team's investigation is questioned 16 different ways from last Tuesday, and if for any reason they can't provide definitive answers to every question, charges can be dropped due to lack of evidence. So on scene the police need to anticipate every question and dot their I's and cross there T's two and three times, before anything that could be construed as evidence is disturbed.
I think you'd feel differently if it were you or yours who were charged.