Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #1

It is time

Got the MH out of storage yesterday, to get ready for our trip to the 'lower 48'. It sure felt good to get it out and drive it for a little while. It will get de-winterized on Monday, and then finish getting everything loaded. We leave on the 15th of April and looking forward to the trip. I suspect that we will be passing the 'snow birds' that went south for the winter, coming back up. We also expect to be among the ones coming up for their vacation in Alaska, in May when we come back.
See ya all on the road, have safe travels and enjoy!

R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2015, 02:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post
Got the MH out of storage yesterday, to get ready for our trip to the 'lower 48'. It sure felt good to get it out and drive it for a little while. It will get de-winterized on Monday, and then finish getting everything loaded. We leave on the 15th of April and looking forward to the trip. I suspect that we will be passing the 'snow birds' that went south for the winter, coming back up. We also expect to be among the ones coming up for their vacation in Alaska, in May when we come back.
Awesome! have a great time! Ours is still stuck in storage (muddy back yard) for another week or so... Soon!

jason1029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 03:42 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Enjoy your trip. I just called our resort in Lake Havasu and they say many rigs have left now....funny- I think this month and May are great times to be there. October is great as well. At any rate, enjoy your time after you brush the cobwebs off.
Old 04-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Definitely time! Got up this morning - made a mission to the grocery store and grabbed fixin's for good dinner. Then came home and filled the water tank, flushed the pink stuff, refilled it with a sanitizing "bleach" ... then drove up to the nearest state park (roughly 30 miles up the road from home). Dumped, the holding tanks once (got rid of the pink stuff...), drained the sanitizer and dumped that, refilled with fresh water then drained and dumped that ... installed new filters in the house system and the refridgerator - and filled a final tank of fresh. The season is officially underway!

With my for the day is done ... I already got in a good nap ... and am now getting ready to cook up my seafood pasta that the wife really likes. Nothing beats a spur of the moment camping trip!!!!!
SpaceNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNorman View Post
Definitely time! Got up this morning - made a mission to the grocery store and grabbed fixin's for good dinner. Then came home and filled the water tank, flushed the pink stuff, refilled it with a sanitizing "bleach" ... then drove up to the nearest state park (roughly 30 miles up the road from home). Dumped, the holding tanks once (got rid of the pink stuff...), drained the sanitizer and dumped that, refilled with fresh water then drained and dumped that ... installed new filters in the house system and the refridgerator - and filled a final tank of fresh. The season is officially underway!

With my for the day is done ... I already got in a good nap ... and am now getting ready to cook up my seafood pasta that the wife really likes. Nothing beats a spur of the moment camping trip!!!!!

You should send this in to Motorhome Mag....Bob Livingston likes these kind of stories. Sounds like a perfect day!
Old 04-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #6

Well after 1500+ miles, we made it to Dawson Creek, BC. For the most part the roads are not in too bad of shape. From our place in Palmer heading south, the section between Glenn Allen and Tok had the usual frost heaves, for about 20 miles. Just slow down and take your time to avoid any issues. The section between Beaver Creek, YK and Burwash Landing is up to its normal condition, lots of frost heaves. Again slow down and take your time. We also noticed that the big trucks seemed to be a little more considerate, as they tended to slow down and move over to their right side a little more. The wild life viewing was real good, seeing caribou, Dall Sheep, Stone sheep, Elk, Bison, deer and coyotes. The weather was good with only a little rain as we got close to Dawson Creek. We will be spending most of the day in Dawson Creek, before heading to Washington State.
Have safe travels and have fun!
R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2Home View Post

Have a great trip and keep her between the ditches!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:33 AM   #8

Wave as you go by! We had to retire from the RV life - too expensive on a limited budget. Still have our 2 Labs, both approaching 12 years old, both rescues.