Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #15

The words "we'll be living in your parking lot for the duration" seems to put the fear of God in 'em.

A few shops have demurred but the majority have tried to make it as painless as possible.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2016, 09:30 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
I've stayed in ours during a couple of maintenance trips - and it worked out great. I scheduled the work well in advance ... arrived late in the evening the night before, pulled into a "guest spot" and hooked up to shore power. Around 8:00 am, I'd get a knock on the door - and given a "15 minute warning" - which was my signal to unplug and close up the slides. A service tech would come by shortly after and drive the coach into the shop. I literally stayed inside the coach - working my day job while it was in the work bay as they worked on it. It was great!

We've been having issues with our air leveling system lately. It acted up again last week while we were on the west side of the state. I called our dealership and asked if I could drop it off. They gave me the OK but advised that they were booked with appointments until August 18th - but that they'd fit me in sooner if possible. Being that we're planning to leave on a two month, 5K+ mile trip in early September - I told 'em as long as I get it back before the end of the month - I'll be ok. We dropped it off last Wednesday (8/3) with a laundry list of things to be addressed.

At 9 am this morning (8/9) - they called me!!!! Everything on my laundry list of service tasks has been addressed (annual services on the engine, generator and aquahot and a switch issue with new entry steps that I installed.) The problem with the air leveling system has been identified and the necessary parts ordered - with approval of our extended service contract provider (which means the fix for that will be the $50 deductible). They also discovered that the inner tire on the road side dually was flat - so they fixed that for me as well. They expect the parts to arrive early next week - and expect to have everything done by the end of next week.

I couldn't be happier! None of the other places I've taken my coach to for service have EVER called me - much less called me to give me a status update in which my repairs were being completed way ahead of the time frame they initially projected!
Old 08-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Staying in your coach for an extended period is lots of wear and tear on the coach and a PITA for you. Every AM, you have to get up, tear everything down for travel, unplug water, sewer, cable and power, bring the slides in, fire it up and drive a couple of hundred yards (not good for a big diesel). Then you have to go somewhere for the day (unless lucky enough to be having work done that would allow you to stay in the coach...which would get old), then at quitting time, reverse the AM procedure. I've dropped my coach off twice. Once I had a 750 mile trip home, the second time only 300.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
Staying in your coach for an extended period is lots of wear and tear on the coach and a PITA for you.......
I guess I'm not understanding your logic. Staying in my coach for extended periods is exactly why I purchased the thing. Now I'll grant you that I didn't purchase it to live on the dealer lot ... but a living in it for a couple of days while having work performed on it doesn't strike me as a big deal. In my case, I'm usually killing to birds with one single stone ... I'm typically working my day gig and having my coach serviced under my own watchful eye.

Tags
maintenance